Thread: New Asus MeMo Pad ME301T

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    For UK users, the news gets better this, taken from the Asus website...

MeMO Pad™ ME301T (10.1-inch)

The ME301T 10.1-inch model is an Android 4.1 tablet with an NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor with an SRP of just £249 (inc VAT). Designed for mobile entertainment, MeMO Pad ME301T is the first 10.1-inch tablet in the new ASUS MeMO Pad range. ASUS also announces the Folio Key, an optional wrap-around protective cover for the MeMO Pad that incorporates a Bluetooth keyboard for enhanced productivity.

Brilliant HD display and incredible sound quality

Pronounced “meemo”, MeMO stands for “My Mobile. My Moment” and reflects the position of ASUS MeMO Pad™ as a tablet for people on the go. MeMO Pad ME301T features a 10.1-inch display with crisp 1280 x 800 HD resolution and 10-point multi-touch for easy interaction with Android apps. IPS technology gives a brilliant image with 170-degree wide viewing angles and, thanks to its 350 nits brightness, the display is always bright and clear, even under direct sunlight.

MeMO Pad ME301T mobile entertainment credentials are further cemented by ASUS SonicMaster technology. This combines high-quality audio hardware, including large resonance chambers and stereo speakers with 25x12mm metallic drivers, with sophisticated audio processing to give the best sound quality of any tablet this size. Just 9.9mm thick and weighing 580g, MeMO Pad ME301T features the powerful NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor for smooth and responsive performance with Android 4.1, and has up to 8.5 hours’ battery life measured under power saving mode, playing 720p video, with a brightness of 60nits and default volume with headphones.

16GB of onboard storage can be expanded via the SDHC card slot to give ample capacity for apps, movies and music, while the rear 5-megapixel and front 1.2-megapixel cameras mean MeMO Pad ME301T is ideal for video chat with family and friends.

Android 4.1 with exclusive ASUS apps

ASUS MeMO Pad™ ME301T is powered by Android 4.1 and comes with a number of exclusive ASUS apps. With SuperNote Lite, users can read, type, and scribble anytime and anywhere; while WebStorage Office makes it easy to view, edit and create Microsoft Office-compatible documents. Apps can also be password-protected with App Locker and App Backup creates back-ups of installed ups on internal storage or an SD card.

Folio Key optional accessory for enhanced productivity

Folio Key, an optional accessory, is a wrap-around protective cover for MeMO Pad™ ME301T with an integral Bluetooth keyboard for easy productivity, at home or on the move. Made from lightweight microfiber materials with instant magnetic attachment, Folio Key also incorporates a tabletop stand that holds the display at a comfortable angle for watching movies and typing. The keyboard is powered from its own internal battery and can be used for up to one month on a single charge.

Availability & Pricing

ASUS MeMO Pad™ ME301T is available in Midnight Blue at launch, with more colours to follow, and an SRP of £249 (inc VAT). Customers are able to pre-order online now from currys.co.uk, pcworld.co.uk, tesco.com and amazon.co.uk, and in-store from 7th March at Currys, PC World and Tesco stores. Please check with individual retailers for further information.

MeMO Pad™ ME172V (7-inch)

The MeMO Pad™ ME172V is a stylish and capable 7-inch Android tablet with a SRP of £129 (inc VAT). ASUS MeMO Pad™ ME172V features a 350-nit brightness display with 10-point multi-touch and 1024 x 600 resolution, along with SD card expansion up to 32GB. It has a diamond-patterned finish. Together with ASUS Transformer Pad™ Series, ASUS MeMO Pad™ completes the ASUS Android tablet line-up.

Portability for people on-the-go

Pronounced “meemo”, MeMO stands for “My Mobile. My Moment” and reflects the position of ASUS MeMO Pad™ as a tablet for people on-the-go. Measuring 196.2 x 119.2 x 11.2mm, MeMO Pad™ ME172V can be easily held in one hand. Available in Titanium Grey, MeMO Pad™ ME172V sports an elegant, non-slip diamond-patterned finish. The MeMO Pad™ ME172V is a tablet-only product and does not come with a dock.

Created for both work and play

ASUS MeMO Pad™ ME172V runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and is powered by a 1GHz VIA WM8950 CPU and a Mali-400 GPU for a smooth web browsing experience. It features a 10-point multi-touch LED-backlit display with 1024 x 600 (170 points-per-inch) resolution and 140-degree wide viewing angle, and its 350-nit brightness means images remain clear, even outdoors. MeMO Pad™ ME172V also features ASUS SonicMaster audio and MaxxAudio for high-quality sound.

ASUS MeMO Pad™ has 16GB internal storage, which can be supplemented by up to 32GB via the microSD card slot. A suite of ASUS applications are also pre-installed, including SuperNote Lite, BuddyBuzz, ASUS WebStorage, ASUS Studio and WebStorage Office for enhanced productivity.

Availability & Pricing

ASUS MeMO Pad™ ME172V is available in Titanium Grey with an SRP of £129 (inc VAT), and will be available online and in-store via a range of retailers from around the middle of April. Further details will announced closer to launch.
    Now, that is what I call a great pair of products at a great pair of prices.

Gotta love the BT keyboard case, too.

Good job Asus
    Swipe likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Specifications...

MeMO Pad™ ME301T specifications
    Processor

NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 T30L Quad-core 1.2Ghz12-Core NVIDIA® GPU with support for 3D stereo (special part)
    Operating system

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    Display

10.1″ WXGA (1280 X 800) LED Backlight screen, 10 fingers multi-touch, IPS panel
    Cameras

1.2 MP Front Camera, 5 MP Rear Camera
    Memory &
    storage

1GB RAMEMMC 16GB + 5GB lifetime free ASUS WebStorage (2)
    Wireless

WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n(3)Bluetooth v3.0 EDR+A2DP
    Connectivity

1 x Micro USB;1 x Micro HDMI; 1 Head phone / Mic-in; 1 x Micro SD (support MicroSDHC and MicroSDXC)
    Sensors

G-Sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass, Ambient Light Sensor, GPS
    Applications

ASUS launcher ; MyLibrary Lite ; ASUS WebStorage ; File manager ; ASUS sync ; SuperNote Lite; App Locker; App Backup; TegraZone; PinPal; ASUS Studio; Buddy Buzz; Audio Wizard (Maxx Audio)
    Audio

SonicMaster Audio technology, Dual Stereo Speakers, High Quality Mic
    Battery

8.5 hours; 19Wh Li-polymer Battery (4)
    Colors

Midnight Blue (more colours to follow)
    Size

263(W)x180.8(D)x 9.9(H)mm
    Weight

580g
    MeMO Pad™ ME172V specifications
    CPU / GPU

VIA WM8950 (1GHz) / Mali-400
    Operating system

Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean
    Display

7-inch (1024 x 600, 170PPI) LED-backlit10-point multi-touch140-degree wide viewing angle350-nits brightness
    Front Camera

1MP back-illuminated sensor, f/2.0, with 720p HD video capture at 30fps
    Storage

1GB RAM16GB storage with microSD card slot (up to 32GB)5GB free ASUS WebStorage
    Wireless

802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    Connectivity

3.5mm headphone/micMicrophoneMicro-USB port
    Sensors

G-Sensor
    Pre-installed ASUS applications

SuperNote LiteASUS WebStorageASUS WebStorage Online OfficeASUS StudioBuddyBuzz, MyPainterMyBitCast
    Battery

7 hours (16Wh Li-polymer, 4270mAh)
    Available colors

Titanium Grey
    Size

196.2 x 119.2 x 11.2 mm
    Weight

370g

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Who said it cannot be upgraded to 4.2?

The only place I saw that was the CNET dumb review of the tablet, which wasn't even a review but a bash and iPad pusher.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shlemik View Post
    Who said it cannot be upgraded to 4.2?

The only place I saw that was the CNET dumb review of the tablet, which wasn't even a review but a bash and iPad pusher.
    I believe it will get updated. According to the Asus press release from 2 weeks ago this model will get the update when the infinity does
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Yes - icnet has updated that "review" to mention 4.2 ​will be available 2nd Quarter 2013.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    I have read / watched a few reviews on this now. Android Police & Lisa Gade of Mobile Tech Review are two good overviews.

Both basically say that for the money, the device is superb, but they both comment on the screen in that they think it is a 2012 screen and they would have like to see a higher resolution, but for the money, they (& I) doubt it can be beaten.

I also like the use of the standard micro USB connection which allows for USB OTG and standard charging connections.

Android police reckon a battery usage time of around 7 hours - not excellent, but certainly not disappointing either.

The dedicated BT keyboard case accessory for the 10.1" would seem to be a useful add on, as well.

It would have been good to see 2gb RAM & a better screen for £50 more, in my view, and the single core processor in the 7" model will hamper sales there - but the products are going to be very well represented in bricks & mortar stores in the UK which is great.

All in all, I think Asus will have a winner on their hands, here.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Thread moved to our brand new MeMo section

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    On the plus side over the transformer series of tablets are great sounding speakers and simple USB on the go connectivity and standard micro USB charging. On the negative side is shorter battery life. The pluses were enough for me to purchase The Memo Pad. I really like this tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Because I was so fascinated with the Memo Pad smart - I ordered a tf300tg to have also 3G connectivity. But I was quite surprised that the transformer pad doesn't have the micro-USB. It is certainly a plus for the Memo Pad. I need micro-USB and micro-HDMI to use the Memo Pad for presentations with a logitech presenter in the USB port and the beamer on the HDMI out.
    MPsmart

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Had my ME301T for a couple of weeks now. For £250 it is a great tablet, only flaw ive found is with its dual speakers the bass on some media vibrates the tablet. But once I used the AudioWizard to tweak I found a nice balance.

http://files.dodart.net/Screenshot_2...2-22-18-39.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links