Thread: Lollipop ROMS on the ME301T?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times

Lollipop ROMS on the ME301T?

Anyone know if the Android 5.0 ROMS will work on our MeMo Pad?

I am currently running SlimKAT 4.4. I had to go back to it after flashing KatKISS 4.4.4, which ran fine until getting stuck on the splash screen earlier this week.

The Transformer TF300T Android Development thread on XDA looks like the KitKat ROMS are all but abandoned and everyone has moved on to Lollipop.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Well it looks like there isn't anything yet built explicitly for the 301. That may change soon if someone gets a compatibility pack published.

In the meantime, I don't see why someone couldn't just try out a standard tf300 ROM like Katkiss and see what happens. I remember reading that you needed to have a different kernel to support the wifi radios in the 301t so you may run into that problem.

I'm guessing that slimkat isn't working out the best for you? I would recommend the Omnirom builds made by scanno for your device. They would be the most optimized and stable while you wait for Lollypop.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Well it looks like there isn't anything yet built explicitly for the 301. That may change soon if someone gets a compatibility pack published.

In the meantime, I don't see why someone couldn't just try out a standard tf300 ROM like Katkiss and see what happens. I remember reading that you needed to have a different kernel to support the wifi radios in the 301t so you may run into that problem.

I'm guessing that slimkat isn't working out the best for you? I would recommend the Omnirom builds made by scanno for your device. They would be the most optimized and stable while you wait for Lollypop.
    SlimKat is OK, but it seems to drain the battery much quicker than KatKiss and Omni.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinPA View Post
    SlimKat is OK, but it seems to drain the battery much quicker than KatKiss and Omni.
    That would make sense. In the custom rom world that SkimKat build would be referred to as a "port" in every sense of the word. It is a rom built and optimized for a completely different device (likely a nexus phone or tablet) with a different kernel and a few code commits injected in to make it boot properly on another device. That is why it is referred to as an unofficial build.

Roms like Katkiss, Omni, CROMBi, Zombi and CM are either built and optimized for the tf300 as an official rom or the me301t which are extremely similar. That is why you can expect much better stability and battery life from these official builds.

CM is the least optimized of the above list since it is compiled using a build server for a few hundred devices at a time. Scannos Omni home builds however are tested and compiled by him and therefore more attention to detail is taken.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    I and a few other me301 users provided logs for a few builders at xda, it was a pain to get wifi working but they got it working eventually. Scanno now has a very stable lollipop build for the me301t and you can find it in the last pages of the 4.4 omni kk me301 thread. So far i only encountered one issue, and that's wile playing audio over bluetooth, but scanno will have a look at that too. Don't wait anymore, his last build didn't show any other issues and it feels like it was asus building the rom, just awesome!
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lupuradu View Post
    I and a few other me301 users provided logs for a few builders at xda, it was a pain to get wifi working but they got it working eventually. Scanno now has a very stable lollipop build for the me301t and you can find it in the last pages of the 4.4 omni kk me301 thread. So far i only encountered one issue, and that's wile playing audio over bluetooth, but scanno will have a look at that too. Don't wait anymore, his last build didn't show any other issues and it feels like it was asus building the rom, just awesome!
    Thanks for sharing!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    No problem, i'm glad i could help!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lupuradu View Post
    The download link is in post #527. Downloading as we speak.

Question for you lupuradu --- will any LP GAPPS package work with the ROM?

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinPA View Post
    The download link is in post #527. Downloading as we speak.

Question for you lupuradu --- will any LP GAPPS package work with the ROM?

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing.
    Well, they should all work as long as they're for 5.1.x and not 5.0. The most stable and bug-free i tried was the banks dynamic gaaps package. I also tried 5.1 minimal package twice and the 1st time it made the launcher crash repeatedly right at the initial configuration screen. The 2nd time i tried it, the launcher didn't crash anymore but it just hanged on checking the wifi connection. Banks however went all good every single time i flashed it so i'd recommend to flash that.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links