Thread: [SOLVED] reset factory, not possible?? / Alternate Roms

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for your help

Yes, I have fat32, and the external card when mounted. When I picture not had in the tablet.

2.png

That is adb access from your computer ?, just enters the recovery ..

If you see no log above is what came to me to flash, epad-user-10.6.1.31.zip. No custom rom worked the error is the same:

I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
    I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
    I:Loading settings from '/data/media/0/TWRP/.twrps'.
    I:Backup folder set to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/015d2bc288040000'
    I:Version number saved to '/cache/recovery/.version'
    I:Switching packages (TWRP)
    I:Set page: 'install'
    I:Set page: 'selectstorage'
    I:Backup folder set to '/external_sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/015d2bc288040000'
    I:Backup folder set to '/external_sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/015d2bc288040000'
    I:Set page: 'flash_confirm'
    I:Set page: 'flash_zip'
    E:Unable to open zip file.
    Error flashing zip '/external_sdcard/WW_epad-user-10.6.1.31.zip'
    Updating partition details...
    Iata backup size is 0MB, size: 11984MB, used: 2648MB, free: 9393MB, in data/media: 2648MB.
    I:Unable to mount '/sd-ext'
    I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'ext4'
    I:Set page: 'flash_done'
    I:Set page: 'clear_vars'
    Installing '/external_sdcard/omni-4.4.4-20141102-me301t-HOMEMADE.zip'...
    Checking for MD5 file...
    I:Cannot find file /external_sdcard/omni-4.4.4-20141102-me301t-HOMEMADE.zip.md5
    Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
    about to run program [/tmp/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
    Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 1073741824
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 8192
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 4096
    Label:
    Blocks: 262144
    Block groups: 8
    Reserved block group size: 63
    Created filesystem with 11/65536 inodes and 8536/262144 blocks
    #######################################
    # _____ __ __ ______ #
    #/\ __`\ /'\_/`\/\ \/\ \/\__ _\ #
    #\ \ \/\ \/\ `` \ \ ` \ \/_/\ \/ #
    # \ \ \ \ \ \ \__\ \ \ . ` \ \ \ \ #
    # \ \ \_\ \ \ \_/\ \ \ \`\ \ \_\ \__ #
    # \ \_____\ \_\, \_\ \_\ \_\/\_____\#
    # \/_____/\/_/ \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_____/#
    # #
    #######################################
    Formatting /system
    Extracting /system
    minzip: Extracted 1247 file(s)
    Symlinking
    ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/addon.d/50-hosts.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
    script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sdcard/omni-4.4.4-20141102-me301t-HOMEMADE.zip'
    Error flashing zip '/external_sdcard/omni-4.4.4-20141102-me301t-HOMEMADE.zip'
    Iata backup size is 0MB, size: 11984MB, used: 2648MB, free: 9393MB, in data/media: 2648MB.
    I:Cannot find file /nobrightness
    Error flashing zip '/external_sdcard/cm-12-20150305-NIGHTLY-tf300t.zip'
    Error flashing zip '/external_sdcard/WW_epad-user-10.6.1.31.zip'
    I:Set page: 'main'
    I:Set page: 'main2'
    I:Set page: 'settings'
    I:Set page: 'main'
    I:Set page: 'main2'
    I:Set page: 'advanced'
    I:Set page: 'confirm_action'

I:Set page: 'action_page'
    I:Copying file /tmp/recovery.log to /external_sdcard/recovery.log

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Did you check the md5 file hash after downloading the OMNI rom zip?
    It's a little unlikely that both zips got corrupted during download, but that error "unable to open zip" is most often because of a corrupted zip.
    Try downloading both files again, check the md5 file hash for the OMNI zip (HashTab is a nice little program for that).
    Format your microSD to fat32 again - this will erase everything on the card
    Copy the files to the microSD and check md5 again.
    You cannot check the md5 sum for the Asus firmware because they do not provide it, but checking the OMNI zip should give you an idea if the problem is with the download. Or maybe the copying to your card??? No idea.
    Reflashing TWRP in fastboot would be another idea. How did you install TWRP?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_sp View Post
    hello,

I have a problem with my asus 301T me try to install a custom rom. I root, install TWRP recovery. Here I was wrong to do backup, stupid.

When installing the custom ROM does not work gives me an installation problem. I tried with others and do not work.

How could restore the firmware on page ?, asus .zip choose not to install or how.

Any ideas?
    Are you still having this issue? Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number attached for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Did you check the md5 file hash after downloading the OMNI rom zip?
    It's a little unlikely that both zips got corrupted during download, but that error "unable to open zip" is most often because of a corrupted zip.
    Try downloading both files again, check the md5 file hash for the OMNI zip (HashTab is a nice little program for that).
    Format your microSD to fat32 again - this will erase everything on the card
    Copy the files to the microSD and check md5 again.
    You cannot check the md5 sum for the Asus firmware because they do not provide it, but checking the OMNI zip should give you an idea if the problem is with the download. Or maybe the copying to your card??? No idea.
    Reflashing TWRP in fastboot would be another idea. How did you install TWRP?
    Once again thank you very much for your help.

1) MD5 is ok. I tested with 6 rom's different and always the same error.
    2) I installed TWRP using a .bat file. In this link you can see. This is what I installed

Link removed to mega download site as per forum guidelines on questionable external links

3) Another problem to start the tablet goes directly into TWRP, as I reinstall TWRP from fastboot?
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-15-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Are you still having this issue? Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number attached for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Thank you very much for your offer. But my country of origin is Spain. I can help in Asus also from Spain?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Thank you very much for your offer. But my country of origin is Spain. I can help in Asus also from Spain?
    I don't think Asus will ever repair your device for free if you have unlocked the bootloader.

I think the problem lies with the twrp build you installed. It's never recommended to use an anonymous link for a recovery that may never have been meant for your device or bootloader combination.

You last sentence seems to indicate that you ate not able to stay in the fastboot bootloader long enough to install a different twrp. Is this right? Are you able to reach the bootloader at all?

If you can let me know and I will give you a correct twrp build to flash through fastboot.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I don't think Asus will ever repair your device for free if you have unlocked the bootloader.

I think the problem lies with the twrp build you installed. It's never recommended to use an anonymous link for a recovery that may never have been meant for your device or bootloader combination.

You last sentence seems to indicate that you ate not able to stay in the fastboot bootloader long enough to install a different twrp. Is this right? Are you able to reach the bootloader at all?

If you can let me know and I will give you a correct twrp build to flash through fastboot.

Currently the tablet starts and goes directly into the TRWP, I do not go out and 3 icons before. Sometimes they leave the 3 icons, just sometimes ..

Do not know how to reinstall TRWP from fastboot. As I can do?

Thank you very much

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Currently the tablet starts and goes directly into the TRWP, I do not go out and 3 icons before. Sometimes they leave the 3 icons, just sometimes ..

Do not know how to reinstall TRWP from fastboot. As I can do?

Thank you very much
    When the tablet is powered off, hold down both the down volume button and the power button at the same time until the 3 icon menu appears. (if it does) of you can get to that part then there is a chance we can recovery. If not then there is nothing we can do.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    When the tablet is powered off, hold down both the down volume button and the power button at the same time until the 3 icon menu appears. (if it does) of you can get to that part then there is a chance we can recovery. If not then there is nothing we can do.

Perfect, again leaving the 3 icons ..

what should I do now?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Perfect, again leaving the 3 icons ..

what should I do now?
    Your english is a bit limited. I am assuming from the jumping faces that you are seeing the 3 icons and everything is good

I also see on xda that you posted on the Omnirom thread and they came to the same conclusion as me. You have a very old twrp not meant for kitkat and it is ikely not one meant for your device either. I will show you how to update to the latest version and format your tablet. then you can install any of those roms.

I am going to reference my guide for the tf300t here [GUIDE] How to Root/Install ROMs on the TF300. Jelly Bean KitKat and Lollipop ROMs it will perfectly fine for your device.

You might have adb and fastboot set up already. But for communications sake, install and set up the minimal tool exactly as detailed in the guide.

Now you need to install the fastboot on your PC (I will only deal with Windows instructions as I cannot vouch for any OSX or Linux guides. You can Google methods to install fastboot drivers as there are many different ways to accomplish the same thing)
    For Windows users I recommend the 'Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool' [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [7-18-13] - xda-developers

• Install the Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool to your C:\ drive
    • Start the Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool
    • Boot the tablet into fastboot mode and connect it to your computer via the original USB cable
    • In the command window on your PC type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    • If that command returns a string of numbers, you are good as gold.
    • If it returns: "No devices found", fastboot is not working - yet - and you have to troubleshoot.
    Getting the correct drivers working can be the hardest part of this exercise. If your computer does not "see" the tablet in fastboot, you may have to google another method that will work better for your system. In Win8 you seem to have to disable a "Windows Driver Verification" setting in system settings. Google the term if that is your situation.

Let's assume everything is good:

• On your computer go here: http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tf3....0-tf300t.blob
    This is a special recovery made for only tf300s on the 4.2 bootloaders mentioned at the top of this post.
    UPDATE: This Recovery is the latest official version from TWRP and compatible with all ROMs (Jelly Bean, Kitkat, and Lollypop)

• Rename the file to twrp.blob (or whatever you like but remember what it is called) and place it into the same directory as your fastboot.exe in the ADB Fastboot Tool folder. For example, my directory was C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    • Again check the connection to the tablet with

Code:
    fastboot devices
    If you get the connection, in the command window type:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery whateveryounamedit.blob
    This will flash the recovery to the recovery partition
    If it is successful you will see something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.blob sending 'recovery' (6448 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.856s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [ 6.624s]
    finished. total time: 8.487s
    If you see the word finish then the recovery has been flashed, but you need to reboot into android for it to take affect.
    Use the command:

Code:
    fastboot reboot
    and let the tablet boot up normally.
    Or if that doesn't work you can hold the power button
    Now, when you reboot, you should have TWRP 2.8.5.0 recovery installed. you will need to do a complete format of data using TWRP. Navigate to the wipe button then choose "Format Data" the process can take up to an hour so be patient. When that's done, you will need to decide whether you want a custom ROM or the stock firmware. I would recommend trying out the me301t OmniRom here. [ROM] [4.4.4] [OmniROM for ME301T] [OFFICAL] | Asus Transformer TF300T | XDA Forums

let me know if you have more questions
    jack_sp and Swipe like this.

______

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links