Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ivonnep View Post
    Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment 7836

Everything is OK now!!! though I still have to install the Custom ROM and all that, but I learned that NEVER, NEVERRRR have to choose the option "Wipe Data" from the bootloader menu again... and yes, I must admit that last night I went to sleep and some tears escaped my eyes while thinking that my tablet was completely dead but thankfully I found you guys!!!

Kisses and hugs and many many thanks!
    Alright!!
    Thanks for confirming that this works even under dire circumstances.
    Hope you hit the thanks button on lj's post.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Alright!!
    Thanks for confirming that this works even under dire circumstances.
    Hope you hit the thanks button on lj's post.
    Ok, I just thanked lj on XDA and also liked Gtanner00 and you (still have to learn advanced forum "etiquette")
    "But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    You are AWESOME. I'm so happy you were able to get things working with minimal assistance.

Now as for how to proceed. There are quite a few ROMs now meant for the memo pad in the tf300 XDA section. There is also a flash able kernel pack to convert any tf300 ROM for memo pad. I just peeked in there today and saw that there is a new KatKiss port as well which is really cool.

At this point you can probably follow my tf300 guide and flash the KitKat compatible recovery for tf300.
    ivonnep likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ivonnep View Post
    Hi,

I messed up my me301t... I wanted to install Custom Rom for the second time, my tablet was rooted, with TWRP and CROMI-Deodex.... but I wanted a fresh install. but in the boot menu by mistake selected the option to the right, the one that says WIPE DATA, and after that I don't remember what happened, I mean, I have been trying to revive this tablet like 32 hours ago that I can't remember things clearly... sorry :'(
    The thing is that I tried several times to install Custom Rom without success and now I think my tablet is bricked... if I shut it down with PWR+Vol.Up and then turn it up with PWR+Vol.Down until I see the ASUS logo, the boot menu never comes again, I think I deleted it... the only thing that shows up is the ASUS logo, and in the upper left corner it says "The Device is Unlocked". If I put a formatted microSD with the renamed blob firmware zip file, it doesn't do anything since I can't boot it to any RCK menu.... and I opened it to try to see if there was a hdd I could remove but I guess it is soldered... so I don't know how to transfer the software image to the internal memory....

The pin clip thing doesn't do anything neither :S

Sorry... I feel so stupid right now :'( never thought this could happen to me and is so frustrating to have a hardware thing win over you
    Hi everyone im in the need to unbury this one (i`m from spain and english is my third language, sorry for any bad spelling)

Sadly i have this problem, tryed to install omniroom 4.4 by TWRP 2.5.0.0 and i made a mistake by clicking WPE DATA so i got into ivonnep situation (the blue logo, unusable toucscreen and so on..), then used the browser and find this thread and [GUIDE][BRICKED] [BOOTS ONLY TO RECOVERY][Al… | Asus Transformer TF300T | XDA Forums one so i followed instructions untill i got the recovery menu by the "bootit.ko" method.

The problem is that when the tablet boot into recovery cant be find my my PC as a fastboot device, so i cant make any erase, the good thing is it boots on the second option of the recovery menu the "ANDROID" on so the device is usable allways i dont shut it down, at this point i tryed to made a restore from an older backuo, reset to factory, boot by sd recovery and everything failed as well as RCK.

Would love to get my tablet fully back. At this point any help is appreciated, sent a private message to user ivonnep but still waiting, thanks in advance.

PD: forgot to say i tryed it out under windows 7 runnind minimal adb/fastboot and Ubuntu 12.04 by sdk.

Contrary to user ivonnep the TWRP logo screen is easier to find while tablet is pluggeg to pc.
    Last edited by petacacas; 12-04-2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: add info

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by petacacas View Post
    The problem is that when the tablet boot into recovery cant be find my my PC as a fastboot device, so i cant make any erase, the good thing is it boots on the second option of the recovery menu the "ANDROID" on so the device is usable allways i dont shut it down, at this point i tryed to made a restore from an older backuo, reset to factory, boot by sd recovery and everything failed as well as RCK.

Contrary to user ivonnep the TWRP logo screen is easier to find while tablet is pluggeg to pc.
    You did pretty well already. But the above parts I don't understand - maybe you used different terms for stuff....

It sounds as if you are able to boot into the bootloader menu. That would be the screen with 3 icons: RCK, an Android robot and Wipe Data - correct?
    On the same screen should be some tiny script which gives you your bootloader version (post it here) and it should also say: starting USB fastboot protocol - correct?

It also sounds as if you were able to enter TWRP to perform wipes, try a restore.... - so does the recovery boot? Because you also say: RCK fails... RCK is how you boot into recovery from the bootloader menu.

And then you say that the device is usable, "it boots the Android" - so can you boot into Android and run the tablet normally???

The last sentence I unfortunately don't understand at all - sorry.

If you can boot to the bootloader, and you can boot recovery and Android - what exactly is the problem?

In recovery you cannot use fastboot. You have to be in the bootloader menu for fastboot.
    But in recovery or when Android is booted you can use adb. Have you tried that?
    Try to clarify these things for me and we'll take it from there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    2 times

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You did pretty well already. But the above parts I don't understand - maybe you used different terms for stuff....

1) It sounds as if you are able to boot into the bootloader menu. That would be the screen with 3 icons: RCK, an Android robot and Wipe Data - correct?
    2 ) On the same screen should be some tiny script which gives you your bootloader version (post it here) and it should also say: starting USB fastboot protocol - correct?

3) It also sounds as if you were able to enter TWRP to perform wipes, try a restore.... - so does the recovery boot? Because you also say: RCK fails... RCK is how you boot into recovery from the bootloader menu.

4) And then you say that the device is usable, "it boots the Android" - so can you boot into Android and run the tablet normally???

5) The last sentence I unfortunately don't understand at all - sorry.

6) If you can boot to the bootloader, and you can boot recovery and Android - what exactly is the problem?

7) In recovery you cannot use fastboot. You have to be in the bootloader menu for fastboot.
    8) But in recovery or when Android is booted you can use adb. Have you tried that?
    9) Try to clarify these things for me and we'll take it from there.
    WOOOHOOOO IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!

First of all thank you very much for answering so quickly and sorry for my bad explanation, i had been working on the tablet for about 6 hours and my mind was a bit messy i will try to explain what i did by answering point by point:

1) After pushing the bootit.ko it got into the recovery menu, so correct

2) yes, you are right again sir

3) As happened to the other guy the TWRP is useless because it ask for a pass and keyboard is blocked (touch screen doesnt works)

4) if i pick the second choice the device boots "normally" it means is usable but usb is disabled, so it cant get charged and as soon as it runs out of battery i need to push the bootit.ko again to get the recovery menu

5) Neither do i..sorry, my bad, i was absolutely dazed..

6) The problem is the tablet is like writting protected so i cant modify anything, like in "demo" i can suf the net, take pics but i cant install or delete any app

7) Point taken! after failling so many times i just learned it..

8) I did, but it didnt fixed the problem

9) Dude, you wont believe me when i say it was absolutely dumb because i forgot to get root rights so finally i remember to type sudo before the fastboot commands and then it worked fine..

In conclusion...it was absolutely my bad, i got into panic and make stupid mistakes, thank you very much for your help and the xda user for that guide.
    ivonnep and droidbound like this.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by petacacas View Post
    WOOOHOOOO IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!

First of all thank you very much for answering so quickly and sorry for my bad explanation, i had been working on the tablet for about 6 hours and my mind was a bit messy i will try to explain what i did by answering point by point:

1) After pushing the bootit.ko it got into the recovery menu, so correct

2) yes, you are right again sir

3) As happened to the other guy the TWRP is useless because it ask for a pass and keyboard is blocked (touch screen doesnt works)

4) if i pick the second choice the device boots "normally" it means is usable but usb is disabled, so it cant get charged and as soon as it runs out of battery i need to push the bootit.ko again to get the recovery menu

5) Neither do i..sorry, my bad, i was absolutely dazed..

6) The problem is the tablet is like writting protected so i cant modify anything, like in "demo" i can suf the net, take pics but i cant install or delete any app

7) Point taken! after failling so many times i just learned it..

8) I did, but it didnt fixed the problem

9) Dude, you wont believe me when i say it was absolutely dumb because i forgot to get root rights so finally i remember to type sudo before the fastboot commands and then it worked fine..

In conclusion...it was absolutely my bad, i got into panic and make stupid mistakes, thank you very much for your help and the xda user for that guide.
    Alright! I know what you mean - been there, done that
    For anybody else: If you get into a pickle and start to feel frantic and cornered: WALK AWAY, get some sleep and then try again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Petacacas and everyone!

Sorry for not replying to you earlier... I know that having your tablet/PC/phone or whatever device you like not working can be very frustrating :S

I am glad that you finally fixed it and hopefully learned from the experience, as I did

"But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links