Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times

Slow and Glitchy

So this is my second Asus Android tablet. I had the Transformer Infinity before this and absolutely loved it. So when I was in the market for a new tablet, I figured a new Asus was the safe way to go.

When I first got the tablet, it worked just fine, although it didn't seem to handle some higher-end games very well. That wasn't a big issue, since I'm sure that the games would have taxed my other tablet as well.

However, recently I have noticed that this tablet can't handle some of the stuff that my older one could have. The weirdest thing is that it doesn't seem to be able to play a video while connected to a bluetooth headset. The video will freeze and the bluetooth antenna will randomly shut off. Some of my video streaming apps will freeze and close even without the bluetooth turned on (primarily crunchyroll, Netflix and Youtube seem to work okay for no).

I opened a ticket with Asus customer support, but after the automated reply, I haven't heard anything from them. I waited forever in the queue for the live chat, but never got through.

Did I just end up with a defective model? Or did Asus build the ME176CX on a budget? Should I file a claim and try to get it replaced? Or is there a simpler, better option?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirocka View Post
    So this is my second Asus Android tablet. I had the Transformer Infinity before this and absolutely loved it. So when I was in the market for a new tablet, I figured a new Asus was the safe way to go.

When I first got the tablet, it worked just fine, although it didn't seem to handle some higher-end games very well. That wasn't a big issue, since I'm sure that the games would have taxed my other tablet as well.

However, recently I have noticed that this tablet can't handle some of the stuff that my older one could have. The weirdest thing is that it doesn't seem to be able to play a video while connected to a bluetooth headset. The video will freeze and the bluetooth antenna will randomly shut off. Some of my video streaming apps will freeze and close even without the bluetooth turned on (primarily crunchyroll, Netflix and Youtube seem to work okay for no).

I opened a ticket with Asus customer support, but after the automated reply, I haven't heard anything from them. I waited forever in the queue for the live chat, but never got through.

Did I just end up with a defective model? Or did Asus build the ME176CX on a budget? Should I file a claim and try to get it replaced? Or is there a simpler, better option?
    You mentioned two possibilities at the end of your post and I'm inclined to believe that both in combination are the reason for your troubles. I can tell you right now that there won't likely be an "easy user fix" simple stuff like that should just work out of the box.

Yes Asus has gotten into a habit of building budget devices which essentially follow intel reference designs and run sloppily developed software that isn't likely to be updated. This change of business practice no longer makes then a go to brand for reliability in the tablet space.

However even a budget tablet especially one of the newer memos should be refined enough to run most games without stutter and also play videos and handle Bluetooth at the same time. I think you ended up with a bad one.

If you have the opportunity to straight return the device do it. It's then up to you when you want it refunded or replaced. If you overall like the size build quality of the Memo then I don't think you will have much more problems with one that is working properly.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links