Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Memopad hd7 switches off and does not turn on

I bought a new memopad hd7. I started using it from couple of days back. Today I ran into a problem When I woke up the tablet had switched off and I could not get it to switch on. When i plugged in the charger cable it switched on that too after continuous press. The battery was at 66% still. And I remember it was 80% when i went to sleep. I don`t know if this is a bug in software or the battery is gone. Should I return the tablet? What is the problem? Please help

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem and I don't know of a fix.

I've heard of the same problem happening to many other MeMO Pad HD 7 users and most of them were not able to resolve their issue.

I wish I could return my memo but it's past the return date =(

Do post if you find a solution. Meanwhile I'll be RMAing this to Asus, infamous for its warranty service...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    1 times
    I have even worse problems. Bought October 2013. around Xmas, power button started to fail. sometimes you held it down for a couple of seconds then it got to 10 to 15 seconds. Now this week, battery was 21percent when switched off, next morning switched on battery indicator was reading 1percent!! Tried adapter charging but no good, so (being a li-on battery) tried trickle USB charge for 24 hours BUT totally nothing, just wont switch on. So still under warranty so back to dealer for ASUS repair. Will report on progress. In UK, if fault is there at time of purchase, merchant is responsible under sale of goods act.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    1 times

Memopad hd7 switches off and does not turn on

Take it back to the shop. The first HD7 I got was exactly the same. I took it back and the shop did a full system reboot. Two days later it did the same again. Asus of course deny any problems but I did some research and found that I was not the only person to have the problem. I took it back to the shop with a print out of what I had found and got a new one and have had no further trouble.

I tried to upload the print out but it exceeds the upload limit. If you want to send me your e mail I will forward it to you

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    1 times
    so took Pad back to store.they said they would send it off for repair. I asked if it would go to Asus, they said yes.
    So gave it a few days and phoned Asus (almost instant call answer!) to see if was in pipeline. Asus said not with them.
    Went back to store, they had sent it to their own repair lab even though only 3 months old. called Asus again, they not happy as
    said if store took back off of tablet and messed things up my warranty could be void. They also felt that store should have sent it to them with a 7 to 10 day turnround of repair or replacement. Back to store again, told manager situation. Whhoope, now have new Tablet plus extra perks from store. Lets hope this one doesn't fail.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links