Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asus Memo Pad Hd7 will not turn on.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Memo Pad Hd7 will not turn on.

I googled for the answer first before asking though my tablet will not turn on. I've had it since release in the U.S. and now it shows no reaction to charging, booting, or even 60 presses. I've tried all that I know to do. Any help would be appreciated. If there has already been a topic regarding this then I apologize as I didn't find it.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2279 times
    Welcome to the forum

In the Master Help Guide (see link in signature, below) you'll find a guide thread all about charging/batteries on Asus tablets. I recommend following the advice there about trickle charging your Memo as it may simply be that your battery has flattened to the extent that it cannot accept a charge from the standard charger & therefore appears unresponsive.

All the best
    olympian likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    I own a MemoPad HD 7 and like it so much that I bought one for my daughter for Christmas. This morning I received got a note from her that her's is not turning on either. We tried the suggestion described above to no avail. Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

Richard

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    4 times
    It is a common Asus problem (found also in Nexus 7 v1) Just keep the Power button pressed until it starts. Mine does this several times a week, no matter that the battery is full or not. The time for pressing the Power button varies frim a few seconds up to 1-2 minutes! But eventually it will start.
    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    hello guys, well i have a memopad hd 7" about a month now and about a week ago it just died .. not turning on wont charge doesnt boot in recovery mode i kept pressing the power button more than 3 mins i also tried different chargers plugs even houses :P .. a day ago before the problem it was running like a charm . I would be gratefull for any suggestions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1QVIPER View Post
    It is a common Asus problem (found also in Nexus 7 v1) Just keep the Power button pressed until it starts. Mine does this several times a week, no matter that the battery is full or not. The time for pressing the Power button varies frim a few seconds up to 1-2 minutes! But eventually it will start.
    Well, you were right, 1qviper, and it worked for me. I'd never needed to press the power button more than a second or so to start it, and maybe 5 seconds to power off. Suddenly today it just wouldn't start. I tried a 5-second press, then a 10, but when that failed I thought it must be some other problem. Thanks to your note I tried again and after 30 seconds I was back in business. A lot cheaper than buying a new Asus, or even worse, getting an iPad for the sake of reliability!

Lenny

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    4 times
    Glad to be of help Mine did it again this evening. Did not want to start even though I kept the Power button pressed very, very, very long. Just pluged-in the 220V outlet and after a few minutes all was ok. The battery was at 34% so it has enough juice.
    Working in an Asus service I've seen this problem to a lot of tablets. The easiest wy to restart the "dead" tablets is to open the back, unplug the battery, wait for the capacitors to drain the remained juice from the tablet, plug the battery in again and all is ok.
    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks! That worked 100%!

Thanx a million. That instruction worked perfect. I held it maybe half a minute, boom it came on and booted up! What a relief. I still had 65% battery too.. I don't know the problem was but I'm just SO glad it's working again! Cheers.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    4 times
    No worries. This problem is solved only by changing the motherboard. So, for me is not an option (since mine has no worldwide warranty). But it worked every time. If it's not working, you can still disconnect and reconnect the battery (it involves opening the case though).

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1048 times
    This problem is solved only by changing the motherboard.
    I don'tr think that's accurate. I am sure it can be resolved for most people without changing the motherboard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads