Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valspar View Post
    Hi GKAS
    I have bought the following OTG adapter and it does not work with my HD7 - Micro USB to Female USB OTG On The Go Adapter Cable for Sony Xperia Z Ultra | eBay
    Surely if they are a standard OTG adapter any brand that is to the specification should work. What are you running using this cable
    Thanks
    Dave

So you bought a product that specifically states Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra, and you wonder why it doesn't work on your HD7? Sony is known for its non-conformity....
    leeshor likes this.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    gkas said it. If all OTG cables worked we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    gkas - can you confirm that this OTG adapter works on your HD7?
    tien i ordered this exact cable following the link and IT DOES NOT WORK....i find it hard to believe that out of thr HUNDREDS of posts i've read from around the world, NONE of which found a solution, gkas can have a working cable....the ONLY solution i've read on two occasions and on 2 seperate forums, is that a POWERED hub will work...however, this does not seem a very elegant solution to me...one more cable to lug around while searching for outlet....i just don't understand why developers have not yet come up with a patch since the hardware appears to support it, and clearly the customers desire the function...thank you tien for your communications with me...
    Valspar likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    2 times
    i followed this link, purchased this cable, and it does not work...
    Valspar likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    1 times

It sure would be nice for somebody at Asus to provide an answer....

Quote Originally Posted by sevylla View Post
    tien i ordered this exact cable following the link and IT DOES NOT WORK....i find it hard to believe that out of thr HUNDREDS of posts i've read from around the world, NONE of which found a solution, gkas can have a working cable....the ONLY solution i've read on two occasions and on 2 seperate forums, is that a POWERED hub will work...however, this does not seem a very elegant solution to me...one more cable to lug around while searching for outlet....i just don't understand why developers have not yet come up with a patch since the hardware appears to support it, and clearly the customers desire the function...thank you tien for your communications with me...
    Just my 2 cents: Just got my HD7 yesterday. Previously used an ME172 and a small adapter (not cable). This allowed me to plug in either a 32Gb flash drive or a 500Gb external drive and read the files on them. Tried the same thing on my ME173 and no luck. Just like they're not even connected. Frustrated, I tried a couple of OTG related apps on Google Play and both tell me that OTG is not supported by the device. Since I tried this with a brand new device, not polluted with apps and updates, I'm left to believe that the device really doesn't support OTG. Is this even possible? Surely somebody has an answer for such a simple problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

What Tablet are we talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by gkas View Post
    So you bought a product that specifically states Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra, and you wonder why it doesn't work on your HD7? Sony is known for its non-conformity....
    Am I wrong or your profile - and your first post - talks about using an OTG cable on a FHD10?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sevylla View Post
    (...) the ONLY solution i've read on two occasions and on 2 seperate forums, is that a POWERED hub will work...however, this does not seem a very elegant solution to me...one more cable to lug around while searching for outlet....(...)
    1. I have bought an USB powered cable (also called Y-cable, or T-cable, sometimes). It didn't work with three different USB stick I had tried. When plugged to a computer USB port, all three USB stick could be seen by the USB OST Controller APP, properly listed and a "MOUNT" option was provided.
    The APP - even when no USB cable is plugged in - states in the info panel: USB Host Controller - Version Number: 0,44 - S3C USB Host Driver NOT found! - Root hub present, USB Host mode is active!

My MeMO Pad HD7 is (from Settings): Model ME173X, Android version 4.2.2, Kernel version 3.4.5, Camera firmware: 800000, Build number ME173X_WW_user_4.2.4.31212_20131030 realease-keys

I hope this would help.

2. My plan was to use a On-The-Go charger (external battery pack with 5V-1000A feature) that proved to be able to charge the tablet to power the OTG cable, but it didn't work. Don't know yet whether if the battery juices were too low or if it wouldn't work anyway. I'm charging both the tablet and te battery pack right now.

Reading from FiatVictor that it worked on the previous model really turns me down on Android device...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gkas View Post
    That’s extremely helpful of you. How do I or many other people reading this know that Sony is well known for its non-conformity?

It would be more usful if you post a link to a simple single OTG cable that will work without power.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    94 times
    I have a Nexus 7 that also did not work with otg adapters . Here is a free program you may want to try with the HD7 it may or may not work . It works with the Nexus 7 .
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...exususb.viewer . It only works with photos , but if you find it works with the HD7 there is another app called Nexus Media Importer that has more capabilities . I apologize in advance if it does not work .
    Last edited by Wallydog; 11-15-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valspar View Post
    That’s extremely helpful of you. How do I or many other people reading this know that Sony is well known for its non-conformity?

It would be more usful if you post a link to a simple single OTG cable that will work without power.
    I did. I even posted a link to the specific adapter I used. I even bought another different brand from Fry's Electronics. They both worked with USB sticks with my FHD 10 and my wife's HD7. That's as far as I'm willing to go to test this stuff. It works for what I need with two different off-the-shelf OTG adapters.

I'll put the non-working OTG adapters down to cockpit error.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links