Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Asus memo pad 7 not charging/working.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times

Asus memo pad 7 not charging/working.

Hello! I own a memo pad 7 and I'm having a problem. Yesterday i found my tablet not working. I assumed that it is out of battery so i plugged in the charger. Four or five hours later the pad was still not working and I couldn't turn it on. I tried to charge it from my computer, also tried different electricity sockets, held the power button for 60 seconds and still nothing. I've had the tablet for a week now and this is the second time this happens. The last time i did the same... and nothing worked. So i left it charging on the computer, and found it turned on after some hours. So I'd like to ask if someone knows how to fix that? Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    248 times
    That sounds like the charger may be the problem.

-Tor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times
    I dont think it is, because i tried with my Xperia's charger and it it didn't work too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times

Having problem charging my Asus 10" Memo

Quote Originally Posted by shokie View Post
    I dont think it is, because i tried with my Xperia's charger and it it didn't work too.

I'm having a similar problem. Have had my pad for approx 1 month. (Also not a newbie, I have a 7" kindle). My battery was getting low, Asus told me to plug in charger. I did. NOTHING. I have tried 2 chargers (the one that came with it and my phone mini usb charger). I turned off and left overnight. Turn on and next morning, it hasn't charged and says same thing: Connect charger. I'm down to 10% and have tried different electrical plugs in various rooms also, to make sure they were tight enough/plugged in well.

Since I can't use it if it wont charge, this is a real bummer

HELP!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Just a brief note to let folks who find this thread know that all these issues are covered in our "definitive guide to batteries & charging" guide thread which is linked from the Master Help Guide (see link in signature).

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I've got exactly the same issue. The Memo Pad was discharged (after intensive usage by my daughter) and turned off. I plugged into to the charger… and nothing happened. No white battery image, as usual. Nothing even after some hours of charging by original charger.
    It's not the problem of the charger, I've tried phone charger, laptop USB port, other cables.
    I've tried to press Power button for 30 seconds, and press Vol Down + Power, and Vol Up + Vol Down + Power. Nothing, black screen, cold device, cold charger.

Next attempt - keep charging for more than 8 hours…

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey There
    Just got my memo pad 7, haven't even run through my first charge when I came back to a dead tablet. Assuming it needed more juice I gave it another 5 hours on the oem charger just in case, Nada. Now when I try any of the boot combinations I read about here (cold boot and 60 seconds) all I get is a rhythmic flicker of the screen every 3 seconds while holding down the power button. I am really miffed here, because I haven't even installed anything on this machine, it is stock. Should I send it back to the retailer or does anyone have any insight into this matter?
    Thanks
    David

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok. The end of my story...

Charging for more than 8 hours didn't help. And I brought it to the official service (we have some Asus representatives in Siberia).
    They took it and kept "repairing" for 10 days. And what they "officially" did? They replaced the charger! Liars! The charger worked, it was able to charge my phone, for example. But "unofficially" they at least made factory reset of the tablet.

Ok. It works now. And it cost nothing for me, it was a guarantee case.
    If Asus wants to silence about some bug in this model, it's their problem.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quoting from our "definitive battery guide thread"...

We often get questions such as " My tablet has stopped charging & I have ruled out the problem being either the charger or the cable. What do I do?". If this happens to you, then...

Possibly your battery has been allowed to become flattened to the point where it cannot accept a charge from the wall charger. the best thing to do is to try and trickle charge your tablet from a low voltage/amperage connection. Either a powered on PC USB port to the charging connector on your tablet, or from a low power phone charger (5v/500ma). It has been pretty well documented that lithium batteries do not like to be drained fully & it may be that the battery in your tablet has drained so low that it cannot accept a charge from the Asus a/c charger.

Try a trickle charge for 8-10 hours (or longer) on your tablet & see if that gets enough charge into your battery to enable it to recognise & accept a charge from the a/c charger.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    My niece brought me her tablet ,suffering from the same symptoms and here's how i usually fix a flattened battery case in most electronics and it never failed me ,and this tablets case is no different :
    Opened up the back cover and removed the battery from its connector ,and then brought a 12v 0.8A charger with an exposed wires endings .
    with the 12v charger plugged at the wall ,i connected the red with one of the reds on the battery and black on black ,for a minute or so .
    and then got everything back to the way it was and plugged the original charger, the tablet got back to life and started charging again .

good luck with yours

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links