Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Asus memo pad 7 not charging/working.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Asus MemoPad HD7 Battery Issues

Quote Originally Posted by shokie View Post
    Hello! I own a memo pad 7 and I'm having a problem. Yesterday i found my tablet not working. I assumed that it is out of battery so i plugged in the charger. Four or five hours later the pad was still not working and I couldn't turn it on. I tried to charge it from my computer, also tried different electricity sockets, held the power button for 60 seconds and still nothing. I've had the tablet for a week now and this is the second time this happens. The last time i did the same... and nothing worked. So i left it charging on the computer, and found it turned on after some hours. So I'd like to ask if someone knows how to fix that? Thanks in advance.
    I just had mine! and i had the same problem as yours. the work around is simple, do not drain the battery all the way to zero%. But if you did, just charge it for a minimum of 15-20 minutes from your desktop or laptop, then you can transfer the charging back to the original charger. If you don't want that hassle, simply charge it with the charger once it prompts for a "low battery".

Cheers

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    10 times
    Charging from a normal USB port is, probably, the worst choice since there you have a max of 500mA. Your wall charger outputs 1.35A (at least the NA version of the charger). If you use a high current USB port (with a minimum of 1A), then is OK, otherwise just leave it charging and eventually it will start. If not, you have in this forum a workaround to disconnect and reconnect the battery.
    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks. another confirmation that this method works. will not be letting battery drain again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    I purchased 3 Memo hd 7s' for my kids last Christmas and they love them, well all but 1. 2 are still working.

I have been dealing with this issue for about a month now. So far nothing has worked. While I thought I had a flat battery, it seems the tablet just won't charge.

First I tried holding all the buttons in different sequences for varying amounts of time, nothing. Then went on to disconnecting the battery and drain the board then reassemble and charge, nope. I purchased a new battery which did help but only for a couple days till the battery went dead. I have had it plugged into different chargers from my laptop to some phone chargers to all 3 Memo chargers and nothing worked. Every time I have plugged it in the battery icon comes up showing that is indeed charging but when I check on it the next day the battery shows no progress. I've read online that perhaps a factory reset would fix this but it doesn't. And yes, I have read the "definitive battery/charging guide" too.

Any other Ideas?
    Thanks

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Stone3 View Post
    I purchased 3 Memo hd 7s' for my kids last Christmas and they love them, well all but 1. 2 are still working.

I have been dealing with this issue for about a month now. So far nothing has worked. While I thought I had a flat battery, it seems the tablet just won't charge.

First I tried holding all the buttons in different sequences for varying amounts of time, nothing. Then went on to disconnecting the battery and drain the board then reassemble and charge, nope. I purchased a new battery which did help but only for a couple days till the battery went dead. I have had it plugged into different chargers from my laptop to some phone chargers to all 3 Memo chargers and nothing worked. Every time I have plugged it in the battery icon comes up showing that is indeed charging but when I check on it the next day the battery shows no progress. I've read online that perhaps a factory reset would fix this but it doesn't. And yes, I have read the "definitive battery/charging guide" too.

Any other Ideas?
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum

Sounds to me like you have done everything you can - I'd get the faulty device fixed under warranty I think.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    10 times
    If you did a factory reset I assume that you could power on the tablet. Did you do the last update? The 5xMb one? 4.2.4? After that update my tablet never did that problem again.
    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    It did update to 4.2.4 I think when I installed the new battery. Although a short time after that I reset to factory and loaded everything again, I am sure it d/led the new update the second time. Seems odd the charging icon shows but nothing happens, a clue? IDK, I have a case number now for Asus support, that is if it is still under warranty. I will see what the say and report back if something interesting is said.
    Thanks all

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    10 times
    You have at least 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. If you do not have an invoice for the tablet, you have 1/2 years from the date of manufacture (depends on the market). I can tell you that based on the serial number.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Damaged micro USB Chargin Port

Hello guys,

My Asus Memo Pad HD 7 stopped charging. I sent it to the service because it was still under warranty and they told me that the micro USB charging port has been damaged. They said that warranty cannot cover this since it is a physical damage and they are asking for 83 euros for a motherboard replacement. This is very pricey for me since I just bought this tablet, so I'd rather buy a new tablet with that service charge.

I've been watching a couple of YouTube tutorials about how to replace the charging port of other tables, but I still don't know exactly how to do it with this model because it is different and I don't know how to test. So I am looking for tips.

Here are my questions:

1.) How do I test if power goes through the tablet with a multimeter?
    2.) How do I test if a battery is working properly
    3.) How do you recommend I replace the micro USB port if it is possible?
    4.) How much does a new motherboard cost and where can I buy it from?
    5.) Any other recommendations

Thank you, I've uploaded 2 images of the motherboard. I would be helpful if you could guide me with pictures regarding my questions

Thanks again

1.jpg2.jpg

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by shokie View Post
    Hello! I own a memo pad 7 and I'm having a problem. Yesterday i found my tablet not working. I assumed that it is out of battery so i plugged in the charger. Four or five hours later the pad was still not working and I couldn't turn it on. I tried to charge it from my computer, also tried different electricity sockets, held the power button for 60 seconds and still nothing. I've had the tablet for a week now and this is the second time this happens. The last time i did the same... and nothing worked. So i left it charging on the computer, and found it turned on after some hours. So I'd like to ask if someone knows how to fix that? Thanks in advance.
    Hi! I had this problem recently with my Asus MeMO pad. Tried also the things you did and I even pray. And for a moment...this idea came into my mind. Haven't you tried the restart button/hole? The one at the upper right side of the gadget. See to it first. If still, inquire to where you bought it. It worked on mine. I hope it will work with you too guys! (sorry for bad grammar )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links