Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asus memo pad 7 not charging/working.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltobe View Post
    My niece brought me her tablet ,suffering from the same symptoms and here's how i usually fix a flattened battery case in most electronics and it never failed me ,and this tablets case is no different :
    Opened up the back cover and removed the battery from its connector ,and then brought a 12v 0.8A charger with an exposed wires endings .
    with the 12v charger plugged at the wall ,i connected the red with one of the reds on the battery and black on black ,for a minute or so .
    and then got everything back to the way it was and plugged the original charger, the tablet got back to life and started charging again .

good luck with yours
    What that trick does is to reactivate the low-voltage protection circuit. But it's really important that your power source is current limited. Even so it's a good idea to keep your eyes out of line-of-sight of the battery.. anyone who wants to try this: It's potentially very dangerous! Current limit is the key here, if you don't know what that means then don't try this.
    In any case, if the battery does not come to life by this then it's damaged (probably shorts inside) and should be disposed of.

-Tor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    1 times

I had the same problem

***SOLVED***

Hi.
    I bought 3 Asus Memo Pad hd7 to my family. I had the same problem in 2 of them. I did the following and it worked perfectly:

I opened the back cover of the tablet (it's easy). After I disconnected the battery connector. So I took a digital multimeter and made as if to measure the voltage. I hit the multimeter in both ends of the battery connector that is attached to the motherboard and to my surprise got a voltage reading even though with the battery disconnected. The motherboard was energized I kept connected multimeter until the reading reached "zero" what may take a little time. Then I just connect the battery and mounted the rear cover again. Connect the charger normally. It's done. This worked for 2 who "died".
    They came to life and are working perfectly. Hope this helps.
    arthurogrim likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    Well to my surprise, that worked! You say it like it's nothing but I found the operation a bit nerve wracking. The case is indeed relatively easy to open but every snap, and there are many, makes you feel like you broke something. Once opened, the battery connector is not that easy to figure out. At first, I thought that it would slide out but after some prodding I found that it pops out. Everything is so small and very thin in there, nothing like a PC.

Anyway, did the multimeter power drain, reconnected the battery and closed the case. Re-connected the USB, waited a bit, powered the unit, yay, it's alive! The battery was completely dead and was 1% at boot-up. It's currently charging fine.

All in all, since it worked, that's better than sending the unit for repairs but it's also a good way to void the warranty if something goes wrong so beware.

Trepidations and uncertainty aside, thanks Bruma for the tip.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Memo Pad HD7

It seems my memo pad, will not reboot. Battery was low, and tried charging with various chargers, but to no avail. Could it be a bad battery, or could it be that battery is hibernation mode. Do I need to replace battery? How do I replace Battery? Any Help would be greatly appreciated !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    How did you open the pack of the tablet?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2256 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuese View Post
    It seems my memo pad, will not reboot. Battery was low, and tried charging with various chargers, but to no avail. Could it be a bad battery, or could it be that battery is hibernation mode. Do I need to replace battery? How do I replace Battery? Any Help would be greatly appreciated !
    Welcome to the forum

I have added your post (moved from our new member section) to this current thread on your subject as I hope it will contain some suggestions that will help you resolve your difficulty.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    hello. i don't want to bring new topic scince my problem is linked to this. My tablet wont charge blah blah blah, done everything that i could without dissasembly. Now its time to take off back cover and unplug battery, but... HOW do you unplug battery? i run through web and all i can find was tons of reviews and some mad russian un-stickind screen from rest of tablet. but there is absolutly no video or photo tutorial to how to unplug battery plug in memo pad 7 hd without destroying everything.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    6 times
    It's easier than opening the back of the tablet Just lift the battery connector from both sides (one at a time, no problem) with a non-metalic object. I marked the connector in the photos:

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    THANK YOU! I tried to lift that up, but it wouldn't move so i stoped do anything, and started to think i should pull it other way.
    Opening back cover was easy when i made tool for it. Being a woman gives you super-power of having lots and strange things in purse Plastic card (like that one u use on ATM) + nail file = very tiny, flexible but hard enough thingy that u can push between that invisible space between cover and rest of tablet

Edit:
    and i'm another user that confirms than unplug battery-wait-plug battery works like a charm
    Last edited by Beheroot; 03-28-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    6 times
    My pleasure, glad all is well now
    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." - Henry Ford

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads