Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By frenziedfemale

Thread: How to make sub-user account File Manager recognize the external MicroSD card

Soundwave
    Member #
    Babar Island, Indonesia 7 degrees 52 minutes south, 129 degrees 35 minutes east
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

How to make sub-user account File Manager recognize the external MicroSD card

Hey. I am "teaching" a couple hundred village kids on 12 Asus Memo Pad HD 7 tablets and I succeeded in making separate user accounts but then when logged in to one of those sub-user accounts (not the owner) its File Manager app does not acknowledge that there is a MicroSD card in the card bay, so I can't install the 3rd party apps from there which I downloaded when I was in the city and brought to the village on my laptop and transferred to the MicroSD card. AT the same time and I suppose this would rate for another thread, but the 3rd party apps I installed in the owner account don't show up in the sub-user account. Thanks and sorry in advance if this question has been answered before. I did search the site first but didn't find the answer. And lastly how can one instigate the use of passwords for each user? Thanks

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theozoic View Post
    Hey. I am "teaching" a couple hundred village kids on 12 Asus Memo Pad HD 7 tablets and I succeeded in making separate user accounts but then when logged in to one of those sub-user accounts (not the owner) its File Manager app does not acknowledge that there is a MicroSD card in the card bay, so I can't install the 3rd party apps from there which I downloaded when I was in the city and brought to the village on my laptop and transferred to the MicroSD card. AT the same time and I suppose this would rate for another thread, but the 3rd party apps I installed in the owner account don't show up in the sub-user account. Thanks and sorry in advance if this question has been answered before. I did search the site first but didn't find the answer. And lastly how can one instigate the use of passwords for each user? Thanks

Hey there.

First of all you may have to change the settings to low installation from unknown sources in the new user account.

Are the apps showing up at all in a file manager?
    This may be down to the implementation of multi user on your devices. Part of the reason is to prevent the unauthorized transfer of viruses or something on the second user where you cannot even get to them.

I'm guessing that you do not have any Internet access where you are and need a way to physically transfer these apps. Perhaps using a direct computer connection would be best. Otherwise you may have to do the installs where you can get Internet access. (using cloud storage file transfer)

As for passwords. This can be set up in the Security panel of the settings app.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I may be mistaken but I think we have had discussion on this before. Unfortunately, the sub-users just don't get access to the sd card. Silly, we know. But alas it is what it is. Not what you were hoping to hear.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links