Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    2 times

Lightbulb

Hi
    Im using HD7 for 2 weeks with only 1 problem. External memory card Kingston 32 gb SDHC working bad with this tablet. It recognize card and and catalogs. After a few minutes a communicate occurs that memory been removed (still in slot) and afterwards "Memory card is installed" (or so). This occurs irregurarly without visible reason. While downloading files from PC (Win 7 64) via USB, part downloaded catalogs are incomplete. Loading card thoroughy formated using SDFormat via USB card reade - no problem occurs. Service doesnt know about the reason.
    Any idea how to manage this problem?
    Wies
    Odd... I just received my Kingston 32GB SDHC Class 10 card, today, and it works right out of the box, right in the tablet. No formatting nor partitioning needed!
    (mine came with a Kingston MicroSD adapter, the back of the package, it came in, states; AC: TALF8-E9QEV2-5WNQB,LK; AE2TG01-0991323S)
    Is your card the same as mine?

I've copied a few gigabytes of music and movie files to the Kingston card from my pc when was hooked up to the pc with the USB cable provided by ASUS.
    My PC runs on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. As stated I did not use a card reader.

The whole transfer process & the playback of the files, afterwards, went seamlessly.

Hope this helps.

TDR
    Last edited by TDR; 09-26-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Got one today for my son and have the same problem.
    If i insert an sd card the tab doesn't see it.
    I have to wiggle it a little and then it's mounted but when i release the pressure of the card it says that the card has been removed.
    I solved it by applying 4 layers of officetape to the printed side of the mini sd card and pushing the card gently in the socket.

seems like the bracket of this tab is to big for the card and because of that the the pins can't reach the sd card copper pins on the sd card.
    By applying the tape i actually made the sd card thicker so it's pressing more towards the bracket pins.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Satai

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought an ASUS Memo Pad HD7 at Sams Club yesterday and experienced the same problem with the micro SD card (mine was a 16GB). I found that holding the memo pad horizontally and gently twisting the ends, first one way and then the other, will cause the micro SD card to "unexpectedly remove" and then "replace and reset". Thinking this was a defective unit, I returned it to Sams Club this morning for a replacement unit. When I got home, I set up the unit, installed a micro SD card and IMMEDIATELY experienced the same identical problem on the replacement unit. Obviously this is a "systemic" hardware (or production process) problem, probably in all these model units from ASUS. Their Customer Support is hopelessly inept, so I'll just be returning this 2nd unit to Sams Club tomorrow for a full refund. I will not buy anything made by ASUS in the future including the Google Nexus (also made by ASUS).
    Last edited by Phil85351; 11-02-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: correct mis-spelled word(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads