Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times

Screen Protector

Newbie here & recently got an HD7.

I was going to get a screen protector but don't see any comments on this forum about recommendations or anyone even using them. Does this mean the glass that is used is pretty tough stuff similar to Gorilla Glass? Or does a screen protector interfere with using a stylus?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I try not to use a screen protector on any of my devices. I tried putting them on my tf300 which doesn't have gorilla glass and I found it awful put on a look at all the tiny air bubbles. It also interfered with the sensitivity of the screen and gave it off colors. I have yet to have any scratches on my 18 month old unit.

On my nexus 4 which has gorilla glass I choose do take the risk. Try looking up videos if gorilla glass scratch test to see how strong the stuff really is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    27 times
    Having screen protectors on every touch screen device I own-ed. I replace them once or twice a year. They are thrown with a few scratches to saved-my-screen scratches (7 days use of adonit jot pro). Just do it. Some day you are going to be thankful for sacrificing almost no touch usability reduction for saving your screen.
    After all, it's easier to remove the screen protector than replacing your digitizer ;-)
    Just get a clear one, not a matte. And buy 2-3, because most likely you are going to fail on putting it correctly, if it's your first.
    Last edited by christoi; 02-12-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    13 times
    I always buy a screen protector. It's hard not to have one, for me. hehe

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you everyone for the information.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys,

My names Oliver and I work for a company called Expert Shield UK. I saw this post and thought I could help (don't worry I'm not trying to sell)

Does this mean the glass that is used is pretty tough stuff similar to Gorilla Glass? Or does a screen protector interfere with using a stylus?
    Hi Mike302,

You're screen protector shouldn't effect the sensitivity or the feel of your device. If it does then you unfortunately have become subject to a bad protector.

I found it awful put on a look at all the tiny air bubbles
    If you are having troubles with bubbles or dust etc we have a blog you can check out. Blog - Bubble Trouble? Let's Seek & Destroy...

We also find that sometimes it's to do with enlightenment, in which case you can check this out Blog - 4 Problems With Poor Alignment + How To Get It Perfect, Everytime.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just ask and I'll help.

Oliver
    Oliver Telfor
    Expert Shield UK
    http://expertshielduk.com/

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike302 View Post
    Newbie here & recently got an HD7.

I was going to get a screen protector but don't see any comments on this forum about recommendations or anyone even using them. Does this mean the glass that is used is pretty tough stuff similar to Gorilla Glass? Or does a screen protector interfere with using a stylus?

I use armor suit screen protectors on all our personal and business tablets. They last about 12-18 months but have one on an iPad with 22 months of kid usage and its still fine. They apply absolutely bubble and flaw free with wet application. The armor suit protectors are not a hard sheet of plastic, they are more of a soft rubbery feel, until installed.
    The screen protectors are not exclusively for scratch protection, they give you a margin of shock protection too.

I tried the rigid dry fit protectors and I do prefer that type for my phone. And for those the great shield brand works well. If you have been purchasing cheap no name protectors, that could be why you are dissatisfied.

I have never ended up with bubbles or dirt under either style of protector. Wash your hands many times, Just be clean, work in a clean area, turn off fans and keep windows closed. Put your pets in another room. Anything to minimize air movement. Move slowly to minimize kicking up dust and you will have a flaw free protector. Then let the protector dry for 12-24 hours.

There is no loss of sensitivity with a protector. But there is a small reduction in screen brightness which I guesstimate at 5% or less.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links