Thread: [ SOLVED ] Adobe Flash Player is not working

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Well..as stated earlier in this thread, flash does not play with the Intel chip in this tablet. I believe that the only work around was to use puffin browser.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    Okay will try puffin...just frustrated cant watch videos posted on facebook...will see if that works....im surprised more people dont complain about this non feature....
    Barbara

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok tried puffin...do not like it at all...i will keep it to use with fb....otherwise it does not work for me...thanks for all the help
    Barbara

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Why not use the official Facebook app? You can turn off notifications and it becomes very battery friendly. You can watch all videos inside the app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    I dont like the fb on puffin ..the browser is not very steady on my memo
    Fb format bounces around and the font is tiny

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barbj050 View Post
    I dont like the fb on puffin ..the browser is not very steady on my memo
    Fb format bounces around and the font is tiny
    I meant this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...acebook.katana

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks works good ..i tested a video i saw using puffin on fb...watched it useing fb app
    Barbara

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    I've found a flash player version that works with our Memo Pad FHD 10 tablet.

If you have already installed a flash player version with no luck (as I did), you will first have to uninstall it. Otherwise, the modified version won't install. It's easy, google uninstall flash player android.

Then you will have to install the modified version. That's easy as well, google it. It's the same procedure than the flash player for AMD chipsets. Just in case, the ones that are suggested for Android versions previous to Kit Kat (it looks like that Kit Kat has other issues with Flash Player).

I don't know if external links are allowed here. In any event, google "EDITED" and at the "EDITED" forum you can get it. There you can either learn "EDITED" (I'm Spanish native speaker, though) or you can use the Google translation option, as I did. The file is at message # 69 (the links mentioned at other parts of the thread are dead).

Install it and enjoy the flash player!!

Important: If you are here, you should have probably already known that Google Chrome for Android does not work with flash player. I tested the file with Firefox (it worked, see below my last comments) and it did not work with Dolphin, although I activated the flash player function inside Dolphin. I don't remember if Firefox requires also configuring its settings so as to use flash player. For me it worked directly but may be I had already configured Firefox so as to use Flash Player as part of my previous unsuccessful efforts.

A couple of notes: I don't know if it works for every single page. Also, I have no idea of how they managed to solve it. I don't have any knowledge so as to know if it is a safer version or not.

I do can tell you that with Firefox it works with Club Penguin (for the kids), when you start playing it asks to update to the latest flash player, just say no, and it works. It also works with rtve.es (the Spanish TV channel) streaming, also with a couple of less known website with simple flash player tasks and YouTube (although I don't know if that one is html 5). It did not work with daily motion (I can hear the sound, but no images).

Bottom line, with said file instead of praying until html 5 standard is spread everywhere or trying other browser alternatives, I can use my tablet with the same (or at least close to the same) than an AMD chipset one. The combo is the modified version of flash player installed plus Firefox.
    Last edited by janner43; 06-10-2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Removed references to external location

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marce2014 View Post
    I've found a flash player version that works with our Memo Pad FHD 10 tablet.

If you have already installed a flash player version with no luck (as I did), you will first have to uninstall it. Otherwise, the modified version won't install. It's easy, google uninstall flash player android.

Then you will have to install the modified version. That's easy as well, google it. It's the same procedure than the flash player for AMD chipsets. Just in case, the ones that are suggested for Android versions previous to Kit Kat (it looks like that Kit Kat has other issues with Flash Player).

I don't know if external links are allowed here. In any event, google "EDITED" and at the "EDITED" forum you can get it. There you can either learn "EDITED" (I'm Spanish native speaker, though) or you can use the Google translation option, as I did. The file is at message # 69 (the links mentioned at other parts of the thread are dead).

A couple of notes: I don't know if it works for every single page. Also, I have no idea of how they managed to solve it. I don't have any knowledge so as to know if it is a safer version or not.
    Welcome to the forum

My apologies for a reply like this to your first post, but...

The process outlined above is not recommended for the following reasons...

• Firstly, security. Android is a target for malware and Flash, in general, can be an open door to malware. Side loading a hacked version of Abobe Flash Player is an extremely unwise and risky thing to do.
    • Secondly, Google appear to be working to remove links to hacked versions of the Adobe Flash player app - presumably for security & copyright reasons
    • Thirdly, Adobe Flash is a copyrighted product, protected by intellectual property laws around the world and should not be "reverse engineered" in this way.

As you have pointed out in your own post, you have installed a modified version, you have already discovered that several links on another forum are no longer valid & finally that you don't know if what you have done is safe or not. As a result, I have edited your post to remove the name of the forum to which you referred as we do not condone anything which could conceivably be regarded as infringing any companies' IPR.

That said, I hope you'll continue to enjoy your new device & participate in our forum

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    You’re the Administrator, your rules apply here. That’s OK. I won’t complain or argue.

Just let me point out that these rules, at least in my opinion, are not equally applied. By the way, if they were equally applied, it would be a too boring forum.
    Your own “Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here” points to installing the older versions of Flash Player, which as stated there, are not longer supported to Android since August, 2012. Installing an outdated version of any software, is a risk for malware, etc.

You also quote the Android 4.4x, you suggest various workarounds “(which appear to be changing quite fluidly)”. Not an expert, but it looks like a workaround is kind of modified version of whatever somebody is “working around”.

The same applies to post #4 “There is a modified version of flash available through XDA”.

Chances are that Google would do the same for the links of these alternatives.

Streaming through the US as the suggested browsers does, implies changing your country (of course if you’re not at the US). I used them, and they are too slow. Probably they assign more bandwidth to countries that are more likely to be pain for the additional features. At least, that’s what I’d be doing, if I were them. It also has location limitations. I remember streaming a video through my Android (with no Intel chip) cell phone at home that didn’t work through said browsers because I was or was not (I can’t remember) located at the USA. Lastly, I was not able to enlarge the screen, probably a way to limit bandwidth.
    In addition, streaming your content through an intermediary step in the US, it does not look as the best option in terms of security and privacy (NSA, Snowden, etc.).

With my limited knowledge, a ROM version is a "reverse engineered" of the table firmware, modified so as to grant root privileges (and other modifications, as well). That’s something that may conceivably “be regarded as infringing any companies' IPR.”, isn’t it? There are several threads in this forum, dealing with ROM versions.

As I already mentioned, you’re the Administrator, you rules apply here.

I bought this tablet for my kids, so as they could play games and stream videos as they would like. I was aware that the flash was not longer supported but not about the Intel chip issue. If anybody was able to find a solution different than the browser, I kindly ask he/she to post it here or send me a private message, if possible. With the solution that I proposed, at least simple flash player webpages can be used with this tablet (like my kids’ school one). But TV related ones, usually are not working. The sound can be heard, but no images appear. Really a shame, because under this scenario, I can imagine that the solution should be close to be reached.

Lastly, between zero flash player, or at least something, I choose the latter. Some other users may think the same way, and that was the reason for my original post. Help these other users. With so little available data for this Intel issue, it's a shame that this is not being shared here. Of course, with all the required caveats, which I believe I had clearly stated in my original post.

Warm regards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links