Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times

Tablet keeps rebooting

Hi, i purchased the memo pad fhd couple of days ago and it spontaneously reboots itself once or twice per one charging. It always happens when the device is in stand by. Couple of times I also experienced white stripes on the screen after waking up from stand by and I had to reset the device. Does anyone else experienced this problem? Is it a software\firmware issue or should I claim warranty? Thx

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    Never experienced that. Mine is a WW version, from Switzerland.
    Did you make sure your soft is up-to-date ?
    Stefab - on Asus Memo Pad FHD10 302C and Asus Transformer Prime TF201

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Are you still having issues with the resetting? Please make sure your tablet is up to date by checking for updates in the Settings. Another thing you can try is a full factory reset. It it still has issues, even after a reset than it might be the hardware.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Are you still having issues with the resetting? Please make sure your tablet is up to date by checking for updates in the Settings. Another thing you can try is a full factory reset. It it still has issues, even after a reset than it might be the hardware.

The issue has been resolved, the motherboard was replaced. But now I have a feeling that the touchscreen/keyboard responsiveness is inferior than it was. But I can't objectively prove it. Is there a way to recalibrate the touchscreen? Thanx

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Same probelms here. Tablet randomly resets while charging and sometimes when retuning from standby the screen will be garbled up like a tv displaying static. If your saying its hardware I'm going to exchange.

Model- ME302C Firmware-51.31 Droid-4.2.2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this tablet now for more that a year, and it has the same 'random reboot' issue.
    It does not happen too often, but nowadays it happens 2 to 3 times a week which is more than in the past.
    It occurs most of the time during a long period of standby (during the night, for instance). It does not happen when using it, at least I have never noticed it.
    I also have encountered the garbled display issue (after wake-up from a standby situation, like an analog TV without the antenna connected) which only can be fixed by a reset: pressing the on/off key for 10 seconds, wait a few seconds, and restart the tablet with a 3 sec. push on the button.
    I have read several fora and this problem is quite common for this model. It seems to be very difficult to fix it: some tablets have been send in for repair, and came back with the same problem, so I have no faith that it is fixed after sending it to the repair centre.
    So I wonder if it is a hardware problem... I assume that it is an issue in the firmware.
    My firmware version is: JSS15Q.WW_epad-V5.0.21-20140701, Kernel version: 3.4.43 android@mec13 #1 Tue Jul 1 14:51:09 CST 2014.
    The tablet has never been rooted, and I am only using apps from the Google Playstore.
    I really hope that it can be fixed, and that this is read by someone who has the knowledge and experience to help me out.
    I have mailed the factory some time ago for a solution, but I did not get a reply at all....

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Random reboots are not uncommon across devices. Even iPads experience them occasionally (perhaps once a year). In Android tablets the issue is widespread, probably due to the broader device bas and often budget construction, so definitely not hardware.

There is no permanent fix, but you should find that a Factory Reset will improve matters over the short-medium term.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    There is no permanent fix, but you should find that a Factory Reset will improve matters over the short-medium term.
    Thanks for your reply!
    I was quite uncertain if a "repair" would be able to fix this, and your view on this issue helps me to accept the current situation.
    Btw, I have carried out a factory reset several times in the past, but apparently without success.
    For now I will carry out a new factory reset, and see if the frequency of the occurrence of this problem can be decreased...

UPDATE: I have done the factory reset, and this is the result:
    After the factory reset and initializing the tablet I have pop-ups like 'Google Play has stopped' and similar Google error messages, even when I did not install any apps yet! These error messages pop up during the configuration and updates of the 'standard' apps built-in the software of the tablet...
    At this moment all 'standard' apps have been updated to it's current version. I still get the Google Play error messages. In addition, the 'automatic reboot' has already been taken place 1 time.
    The software version seems to be the most recent version, no updates are available.
    So I probably have a hardware related problem. In that case I will have to send it to the repair center...

I
    Last edited by Tabdroid; 12-09-2015 at 05:35 AM. Reason: typo

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links