Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MeMo FHD 10 OTA upgrade from 4.2.2 to Android 4.3 - all discussion here please.

  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    64788
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times

    MeMo FHD 10 OTA upgrade from 4.2.2 to Android 4.3 - all discussion here please.

    I have received an OTA firmware upgrade for my Memopad 10 FHD one day ago.
    My previous version was 4.2.2 and now it has been upgraded to 4.3.
    The upgrade could be completed without problems and the tablet restarted properly.

    However, I have a lot of problems after this upgrade which I never had with the previous Android version:
    1. The (standard Android) app Gallery is 'losing' all the thumbnails after a while....
    In addition, the app crashes when selecting an (empty) thumbnail to try to view an image.
    So this app is unusable from now on.
    2. I have installed Quickview as a replacement for the Gallery app.
    Almost the same happens: some (not all) thumbnails disappear for an unknown reason after a few minutes.
    The images, however, can be viewed after selecting an (empty) thumbnail, and the app does not crash.
    3. This is the most critical issue: the app MX Player Pro.
    This app starts with the selection boxes "repeat" or "restart".
    After touching either box the tablet CRASHES and REBOOTS!!!
    In some cases I only see a "black" screen (but it is still backlighted) and I only can restart the tablet after pressing the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds.
    The tablet restarts after that.....
    I wonder what can be the cause of all this misery... for now I would like to downgrade the firmware to it's previous version (4.2.2) until a solid fix for this problem is available.
    I have reset the tablet to it's factory settings (although the firmware remains 4.3), and all mentioned problems still exist!
    Has anyone experienced similar issues after this upgrade???

  2. #2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    55286
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    5 times
    There isn't an upgrade available for me..
    Where you located?
    Last edited by bigsapz; 01-09-2014 at 11:56 AM.

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    64327
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsapz View Post
    There isn't an upgrade available for me..
    Where you located?
    Havent seen the upgrade either. I would assume they would wait for 4.4

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    64142
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    1 times
    4.3 was released to everyone OUTSIDE the U.S.
    bigsapz likes this.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    55286
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by landerx View Post
    4.3 was released to everyone OUTSIDE the U.S.
    That's poopy

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    55286
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    5 times
    4.3 dropped in the US. Will test tonight

  7. #7
    Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    14,013
    Liked
    2827 times
    I recommend reading through our best practise guide for OTA updates (linked from the Master Help Guide) when this comes through for folks. With the significant change of OS that this represents, it is well worth taking the time to backup & Factory Reset once the update has been installed. It prevents many difficulties and will give a far better user experience with your device.

    All the best

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65327
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Update from Android 4.2.2 to 4.3 on Asus MeMo Pad FHD 10

    It seems that Asus has rolled out an update for my Asus MeMo Pad FHD 10 tablet. It was about a 350meg download and then I clicked next and it was updated from Android 4.2.2 to 4.3 last night. The only issue is that the 32gb microSD card that I had installed in the slot was corrupted in the process and I had to pull it out on re-format it on my PC, losing my data in the process. Has anybody else gotten this OS update? If so, have you had any issues? Thanks!

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65328
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    3 times
    I got the update on Friday and had no issues updating. My micro SD card was fine and wasn't corrupted or anything like that.

    I've played with this update over the weekend and there does not seem to be much that has changed. Two things I noticed are that my bluetooth speaker now works flawlessly when I play video's from the cloud (it never did this before when I would stream videos from my cloud service - it would stutter and cause my video to stutter, etc.).
    For those that use XBMC, I also noticed that since I upgraded, XBMC either crashes or no longer plays HD videos without stuttering. This is disappointing and a new build will likely have to be made for 4.3.
    bigsapz likes this.

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65328
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabdroid View Post
    I have received an OTA firmware upgrade for my Memopad 10 FHD one day ago.
    My previous version was 4.2.2 and now it has been upgraded to 4.3.
    The upgrade could be completed without problems and the tablet restarted properly.

    However, I have a lot of problems after this upgrade which I never had with the previous Android version:
    1. The (standard Android) app Gallery is 'losing' all the thumbnails after a while....
    In addition, the app crashes when selecting an (empty) thumbnail to try to view an image.
    So this app is unusable from now on.
    2. I have installed Quickview as a replacement for the Gallery app.
    Almost the same happens: some (not all) thumbnails disappear for an unknown reason after a few minutes.
    The images, however, can be viewed after selecting an (empty) thumbnail, and the app does not crash.
    3. This is the most critical issue: the app MX Player Pro.
    This app starts with the selection boxes "repeat" or "restart".
    After touching either box the tablet CRASHES and REBOOTS!!!
    In some cases I only see a "black" screen (but it is still backlighted) and I only can restart the tablet after pressing the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds.
    The tablet restarts after that.....
    I wonder what can be the cause of all this misery... for now I would like to downgrade the firmware to it's previous version (4.2.2) until a solid fix for this problem is available.
    I have reset the tablet to it's factory settings (although the firmware remains 4.3), and all mentioned problems still exist!
    Has anyone experienced similar issues after this upgrade???
    Most of my apps had to be updated after I upgraded to 4.3. Check out your apps in the Google play store and make sure they are all updated. This might be your issue if some are not working properly.
    janner43 likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Will TF201 upgrade to Android 4.2?
    By notname in forum Transformer Prime General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 07:43 AM
  2. Turbocharge Your Router With An Android Upgrade
    By Jeffrey in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
  3. Can't upgrade from android 3.0.1
    By Jolt in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM
  4. Most android users cannot upgrade to ICS
    By janner43 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 01:48 AM
  5. Upgrade to ICS / reinstall Android
    By asusfan in forum Transformer Prime General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 07:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.