Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MeMo FHD 10 OTA upgrade from 4.2.2 to Android 4.3 - all discussion here please.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Threads merged
    Thread title amended to adopt this thread as the discussion thread for this subject.
    Thread stuck to make it obvious to find.

No duplicate threads please. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by janner43; 01-20-2014 at 09:56 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BABaracus View Post
    For those that use XBMC, I also noticed that since I upgraded, XBMC either crashes or no longer plays HD videos without stuttering. This is disappointing and a new build will likely have to be made for 4.3.
    Which add-on do you use that's giving you trouble? It's working great for me after the update.
    Last edited by bigsapz; 01-21-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    I got the 4.3 update today and have had no significant problems. System locked up once and auto-rebooted once, but all apps and hardware seem to be working fine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    well this update fubard my tab . giving me a hard time turning it on and now a snowy screen sending it back today.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    The story continues.... I have received the tablet from the service center (Brno in Czech Republic) today.
    It has been re-flashed by them to the old version of Android (4.2.2) without any further information.
    So I started with the minimal configuration (Google account - wifi settings - localization for The Netherlands) and all worked fine.
    I could upgrade the system again to the newest version (4.3) which was shown in a popup, quite quickly after the customization.
    Prior to the upgrade I have called the service center (first line support center in Holland) to be sure that I could safely upgrade the system. Their advice was that I could upgrade without any problems. It would even be advised to do so because of some added functionality.
    So I carried out the upgrade (also removed the micro SD card), did a factory reset afterwards, and started with setting-up up the tablet again.

The result is that I have EXACTLY the same issues: thumbnails lost in Gallery and Quickpic, random crashes of the tablet when using MX Player Pro, no differences with the situation prior to sending it to the service center!
    So I am quite desperate, and I would like to know if ANYONE has the same problems after this upgrade!
    If not than I assume that I have a melon with a hardware failure.....
    Still waiting for some response from the service center.... I expect that it will be picked up for service.... they have assured me that is definitely NOT a hardware problem... what else???

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Those sound more like specific software bugs so i don't think the tablet has any problem.
    I haven't used either app since the 4.3 update and i just got another update yesterday (maybe to fix those issues). I tried mx player, not the pro, and it works fine and reading the mx player change log it seems recently some updates were made that fixed ''some 4.3 & 4.4 devices crashing''.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsapz View Post
    Which add-on do you use that's giving you trouble? It's working great for me after the update.
    I have lots of ad ons.......all SD video works great.....its just HD video that won't play any more.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    This handles EXACTLY one of the problems that I have:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...er/Cr5ewHBadUQ

So I am not alone, and it is for sure not a hardware fault in my tablet.......
    I will use an alternative player (like BSPlayer) which seem to work without any issues.
    Now I still have to find a solution for the "disappearing thumbnail symptom".

UPDATE: the MX Player team has created a work-around to avoid the crash.
    However, it is not a finalized fix and some more has to be done.
    ASUS has been involved so let's hope that they will work on it as well.
    According to the MX Player developers it is related to the Intel Atom CPU which has some compatibility issues with Android 4,3.
    Anyway, the problem is recognized, and hopefully ASUS will launch a fix for the remaining problem with the Gallery apps.
    Last edited by Tabdroid; 02-02-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Upgraded to 4.3 a few days ago.... so far no issues, tho I do see they have changed the interface for the built in camera.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder1400 View Post
    Upgraded to 4.3 a few days ago.... so far no issues, tho I do see they have changed the interface for the built in camera.
    Maybe you can put some pictures on a microSD card, and scroll through them (thumbnails) with the standard Gallery app.
    You will notice that the thumbnails turn into grey/black squares (so no content) after some time when viewing different pictures, especially when you have created some number of folders with pictures in them.
    The only way to fix it is to reboot the tablet, but you will probably see the same issue after some time. It can take quite some time that the thumbnails will be rebuilt, and sometimes that process completely stops after a while.
    The app Quickpic has the same problem as I have mentioned before.
    This has not happened before (with the previous Android version 4.2.2). My tablet has been send 2 times to the service center without any result.....
    The good thing is that MX Player can simpley be replaced with BS Player (for watching video's), which works without any problems.
    Last edited by Tabdroid; 02-07-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links