Thread: My New FHD 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times

My New FHD 10

Really like my new Memo Pad FHD 10 (16Gb).
    Last edited by farnham; 10-28-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    ...c'grats on the new rig farnham, always fun getting to know a new toy. Cheers!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Loving my new FHD 10, an early Christmas present for myself.
    Wondering if there is an upgrade plan for Kit Kat?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quakedude View Post
    Loving my new FHD 10, an early Christmas present for myself.
    Wondering if there is an upgrade plan for Kit Kat?
    That's my question also. I also have a 15 month old Nexus 7 and I got the Kit Kat upgrade for that a long time ago. I just got my Asus Memo pad a few days ago and am very surprised that the upgrade isn't available on a brand new product.
    Is there any information anywhere that will tell us one way or the other? I'm not sure I'll keep it if the upgrade won't be made available.
    Last edited by MartyPA; 12-25-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    ASUS does have plans to offer 4.4 on devices running 4.2 we just don't know which ones and how soon.

Curious, what's in KK over JB that makes JB an outdated relic not worthy of keeping? You know, if you root it you can have whatever you want without waiting for a manufacturer.

JB out of the box already beats the crap out of iOS-7 even if it was Jailbroken (which it might be...someday...)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    ASUS does have plans to offer 4.4 on devices running 4.2 we just don't know which ones and how soon.

Curious, what's in KK over JB that makes JB an outdated relic not worthy of keeping? You know, if you root it you can have whatever you want without waiting for a manufacturer.

JB out of the box already beats the crap out of iOS-7 even if it was Jailbroken (which it might be...someday...)
    It's a brand new product and as such I'd want to newest operating system and I'm a bit nervous that it hasn't been offered by Asus yet. I fully expected the upgrade to be waiting for me as soon as I booted it up since I've had it on my Nexus 7 for quite a while already. The reason things become outdated even if they're working well is that they can no longer be updated. I'm not anxious to root it and void the warranty this soon. Not that I'd know how to root it anyway. LOL.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times

Sure you can root the FHD 10, but don't expect any custom roms for it. Since its based on Intel x86 I'm guessing there will be a long wait for that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    MartyPA: The ME302C has been out since July, so in the world of ever-changing electronic devices, it's almost a relic. You can easily root by following the step by step procedure I posted over at XDA and use the file I have provided. If you need to send back for warranty work, just reinstall the OTA update zip file from ASUS.

Linuxxx: just a clarification here, when you say custom ROM you really mean custom Kernel. The file I provide to root the ME302C flashes the /system partition which is ROM so in essence I am providing a 'custom ROM' already. As for the Kernel, there are folks in Germany already working on several mods.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    MartyPA: The ME302C has been out since July, so in the world of ever-changing electronic devices, it's almost a relic. You can easily root by following the step by step procedure I posted over at XDA and use the file I have provided. If you need to send back for warranty work, just reinstall the OTA update zip file from ASUS.

Linuxxx: just a clarification here, when you say custom ROM you really mean custom Kernel. The file I provide to root the ME302C flashes the /system partition which is ROM so in essence I am providing a 'custom ROM' already. As for the Kernel, there are folks in Germany already working on several mods.
    I agree with that to a point, however, unless I don't know about it, they haven't introduced a newer model to replace it. If they had I would have purchased that one. So, as far as ASUS is concerned it's still a new model.
    I know that Nexus 7 came out with a newer model months before they released 4.4 for the older model.
    Last edited by MartyPA; 12-28-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links