Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 8
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Wireless problem

Hi,

So I just got my ASUS Memo 8 yesterday and I'm having some problems with the wireless... I have had it connected via wifi in two separate locations but the connection always drops for no apparent reason and then I can't get it to re-connected reliably. System update indicates it's up-to-date.

The wireless icon in the top right hand corner is full (and I have connectivity sitting right next to the wireless router) and then for no apparent reason all the bars drop off and a white circle with a black 'x' appears partially obstructing the wireless icon. I try to reconnect via the Settings; in Settings it shows my router and indicates a strong signal strength and that it's secured with WPA2.

My ipad, and macbook pro (circa 2009) both have no difficulty acquiring and maintaining the wireless connection.

I've reset my router, I've restarted, powered off (hard and soft) my Memo 8 with no success (sometimes it'll acquire the wifi signal for a few minutes and then it drops it again.)

Please help! This thing is useless to me if I can't reliably get wifi on it!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 8
    Liked
    0 times
    I should also mention I get the message, "Cannot connect to internet through 0x" sometimes after I get disconnected. My options are to "Change Wi-Fi hotspot" or cancel. "Change Wi-Fi hotspot" just takes me to the Wi-Fi settings.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 8
    Liked
    0 times
    So I talked with an ASUS Support rep who confirmed it was a hardware problem... I exchanged it for a new one and it works.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links