Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times

Question Problem installing "Moon Reader Pro", paid apps, firmware install.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just got an Asus MeMo Pad 7. I have had no problem installing free apps and have installed over a dozen of them. I have tried to install 3 different paid apps and I got errors on all of them, "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card." I did not even have an SD card when I first tried to install the paid apps. Support for the Google Play store said that the apps I was trying to install required me to have an SD card. I spent $25 on one, inserted it and mounted it, but I was still unable to install the app I purchased.

I'm not sure if I need a firmware update or if it's another problem. I saw another thread showing a firmware build that looked newer than mine, but when I try to update via my settings it says everything is up to date. I haven't been able to find any place where I can manually download the firmware.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Normally apps cannot be installed and run from a USB stick or SD card. What app(s) are stating they need a card?

Firmware updates are found on the Asus site, enter your model # and be sure to check your settings>about tablet - build number for the correct SKU .

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times
    I have only gotten this error when trying to install paid apps. The specific apps I tried are Calibre Companion, Calibre Library(tried this when the first one failed), and Moon Reader Pro. I did try looking on the Asus site, but I didn't see anything for downloading firmware, just kernal(whatever that is) a couple of drivers, and manuals. This was the page I was looking at.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS MeMO Pad

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Forgot to welcome you to the forum.

I don't have a Memo Pad 7" - someone with one may help out -- Took a look at the app descriptions in the Play store and I see no mention of needing SD card's to install them. Someone using those apps may be able to help you, I've added "Moon Reader Pro, etc. " and "Firmware update" to the thread title to identify your issues.
    Last edited by Swipe; 09-02-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I suspect these apps are fretting about their perception of the way the storage on your device is partitioned. Which would be unusual as Asus normally follow the same pattern on all their devices, which is absolutely fine.

I think your best course of action is to do a full Factory Reset of your device - you won't loose any of your paid for apps as they are all attached to your Google account & are not device specific. When you have done that, go to settings, about tablet & "check for updates". If you get one, allow it to install & then do another Factory Reset.

Following that, tap on the Play Store app in the App Store & try to install Moon Reader Pro before doing anything else & see how that works out for you

If you need a guide thread on the Factory Reset process, there is one linked from the Master Help Guide (see link in signature)

Please let us know how you get on.

All the best.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I've actually already tried the whole factory reset thing, but for the Calibre Companion app as per the developer's suggestion. The factory reset did not help at all for that app so unless you have good reason to think that it would be any different for Moon Reader Pro, I'd really rather not have to go through that whole thing again.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I see.

If you have already Factory Reset your device once & it didn't make a difference, then I would return it to your retailer for an exchange as it is not behaving correctly. Either that, or contact Asus for a warranty repair as this is not a problem with the model itself.

Either there is an issue with your device (most likely) or a slight possibility there is an issue with your Google account, but if you are using that account on other devices without a problem, then it won't be that.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 09-03-2013 at 12:41 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I don't really have any other devices except for an Android Emulator on my PC that I've successfully downloaded free apps from the Google store from. I suppose the only way to tell if there is a problem with my account rather than the device would be to try downloading a paid app on the emulator.

I guess if it works on the emulator I can contact Asus(again) and they can advise me whether I should exchange it for a new one with them or on Amazon. If it doesn't work on the Emulator then it's Google's problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times

same problem.. its the me172v.. not the apps

I have the same problem. ASUS said to return the unit. Newegg sent me a new one.. same problem. I'm pretty sure that when they built this firmware they failed to cleanup a lock file and it can't be deleted without rooting.. which I have not been successful at. I'm waiting for a new firmware.. but not hopeful. the ASUS folks were completely and utterly useless.

I actually called Google and they were great. We worked thru a bunch of stuff and it doesn't seem like its their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kythe42 View Post
    Well I don't really have any other devices except for an Android Emulator on my PC that I've successfully downloaded free apps from the Google store from. I suppose the only way to tell if there is a problem with my account rather than the device would be to try downloading a paid app on the emulator.

I guess if it works on the emulator I can contact Asus(again) and they can advise me whether I should exchange it for a new one with them or on Amazon. If it doesn't work on the Emulator then it's Google's problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad (7")
    Liked
    0 times
    I ended up returning my device to Amazon and exchanging it for a new one. The new one didn't work at first either, but then it updated its firmware and I was able to install the app with no problems after that. The first one I had wouldn't update its firmware at all, even when trying to do it manually, it just kept saying everything was up to date. Maybe you got two bad ones that won't update their firmware?

As for Google, I'm rather pissed at them. They originally told me the app I was trying to install wouldn't work without an sd card. So I spent nearly $25 on one because they said that's what I needed to do. That turned out to not be the problem at all, and they refuse to take responsibility for it. The very least they could do is give me a $25 credit at the Google Play store and take it out of the rep's paycheck who told me to do that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links