Thread: newbie struggling with new Asus

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    1 times

newbie struggling with new Asus

Hello All ,,, I'm seeking help with my new purchase as it seems the two most important features I was hoping for in purchase aren't supported in this new Asus 10 memo pad ,

I am trying to watch certain videos from two different sites , on one I got message to say your android doesn't support adobe flash player ,, the other I just get a green I think little cube upon on which appears several questions marks ! I'm now lost help ! is there a way round this ? Reg

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Welcome Reg

First of all don't feel that you're the first one to struggle with this. You're not.

In my signature, below, you'll find many helpful guide threads listed to assist you on the learning curve. I recommend them to you.

Sadly, if you have the MeMo pad 10 I think you may have (the HD) - it has an Intel Atom chipset & Adobe Flash cannot run on that chipset. There are (not ideal) workarounds, but they are explained in the thread I'm going to mention next. If you have a MeMo with a different chipset, then you'll need to follow the instructions in the relevant thread in my signature.

Could you help us out by correctly identifying your device in your profile, please? You list your device as a Taichi, but you have MeMo. Thanks very much.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 3.X
    Liked
    46 times
    Welcome aboard Reg and good luck!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome t the forum. If you have a Memo Pad 10, you could check out the thread below. Puffin browser may work with Flash...

[ SOLVED ] Adobe Flash Player is not working

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Welcome t the forum. If you have a Memo Pad 10, you could check out the thread below. Puffin browser may work with Flash...
    Indeed it does - and it's covered in the Adobe Flash & Browser guide thread as mentioned. But it isn't fully free, is geographically sensitive & does use a third party server to convert the content prior to viewing, so may not be what Reg is looking for. (There are other workarounds as well, again referenced in the guide thread, Reg.)

On the other hand, he may find there are apps that will do the job - for example if he is trying to look at Facebook, then the Facebook app would work.

But unless we get a reply to the initial post, we'll never know...

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    1 times
    Very sorry for tardy reply on this thread but fraid I threw hissy-fit & wouldn't go near new tablet for couple o days ! such was my disappointment & frustration with my lack of techinal nouse ! I appreciate all offerings & will try to follow links offered & see if I get nay joy so many thks , as to which exact model I have all I can offer is this , the bottom of the box reads model: KOOF ( ME102A) this means absolutely zero to me but help contributors to my model , again thks & if now known model makes a difference to help offered then I shall check back soon as my hissy-fit has now passed lol Reg .

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    By the way, are these videos from YouTube? If so you can try enabling the html5 YouTube setting here https://www.youtube.com/html5?gl=CA which will make all embedded YouTube videos no longer require flash player to run.

If this is not a YouTube hosted video than it will not work.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Hi Reg,

OK, the good news is that as far as I know, your ME102A does not have the Intel Atom chipset & you should therefore be able to manually install (sideload) the Adobe Flash apk following the relevant guide linked in my signature, below. However, please ensure you read the guide before starting and understand that Adobe ceased official support for mobile Flash on Android 2 years ago now. So your results may not be as good as you expect & you certainly may get the occasional glitch.

If I am incorrect, however, and your MeMo does have the Intel chipset, then the other guidance in the browser guide thread will apply,

In any event, please remember that Adobe Flash - if it can be loaded - is unsupported on Android now and there isn't anything anyone can do about that. Additionally, even though Adobe stopped official support in August 2012, they continued to provide security & stability updates for quite some time after that date as per their QA standards, but that period has now lapsed as well.

I've moved your thread to the ME102A section of the forum for you, as well. (And updated your profile)

All the best

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    1 times
    much appreciated janner Reg
    janner43 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links