Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    fonepad
    Liked
    0 times

working asus fonepad 8 but screen do not display any image (screen stayed dark)

So my asus fonepad 8 worked smoothly until It slipped from my hand while I was standing, it had a back silicon casing when it falls but no tempered glass. And after that the whole screen went dark completely, I of course have tried restarting number of times, actually i was pretty surprised because the sound is crystal clear and it could still vibrate, because I heard the voice of notifications that I get, the only problem I noticed is that the screen stayed dark at all times. it didn't display a single icon, but when I turned the fonepad on and off the black changed shades to lighter and darker. *there isnt any scratch or dents that is visible after the fall, actually I think I dropped my samsung phone a load of times and harder too but it worked flawlessly still. So now im confused, what could be wrong with this one, I wonder. would love to just simply go to asus official service center, but other than its far, im afraid they would simply told me to change the lcd and it would cost a load im sure, and the reason I used this asus fonepad 8 in the 1st place was cause I wanted a cheap tablet, and I simply dont have budget to be spent on changing the part, when I am not even sure if its totally necessary in the 1st place, and im pretty sure the service would took quite sometime which is really why I need to know if there's anything that I could do to try and solve the problem myself before I take it there. I really, REALLY needed any advice I could get! And I thought this is a good place to get the kind of advice I need, Please let me know if youve got any suggestions, any help would be much appreciated..Thanks...
    Last edited by Nis_Arach; 08-05-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

You have either...
    1) Broken the backlight / or power supply to the backlight, or
    2) Caused some cables to come adrift

Either situation requires hardware expertise to resolve, so whether you feel like trying that is up to you.

(Moved to fonepad section)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links