Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times

Disappearing Launcher

Hi,

I have recently acquired an SL101 running ICS build No. 9.2.1.27 and from time to time the launcher disappears when exiting an app. I haven't been able to tie it down to an individual app or frequency or any other pattern, but occasionally after I hit Home or Back to exit an app I just get the blank wallpaper. It scrolls when I swipe between home screens but none of the icons or widgets are shown; just the wallpaper on its own. I can still run apps, either by searching for them or by using the Recent Apps button, but the only way to get the launcher back is to reboot. When I noticed this on the stock launcher I installed ADW Launcher EX, and the same thing happens with that one.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    I've seen it back when I was running .27 on my TF101 - in my case I could get the home screen back by touching the home button.

The problem mostly disappeared when I changed to a custom ROM, but on rare occasions I still saw it with JB4.3 - I moved on to JB4.3.1 yesterday, so it's a bit early to tell if it's going to happen again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times
    Huh, I don't think I thought of trying that! I'll give it a go next time and let you know what happens. Thanks

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times
    It took a while for the problem to show itself again but it happened just now. Pressing the Home key -- or any key for that matter -- has no effect, so one again I had to reboot. Guess I have to decide whether to live with it while waiting for an official OTA update from Asus, or dive headfirst into the deep end of rooting & flashing. I've done that before on two other devices so I know what I'm doing, but it was a bit of a time drain and both those devices are now back unrooted, running stock JB. Think I might wait, it only happens once every couple of days...

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links