Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My tablet feels like warm toast? :(

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

My tablet feels like warm toast? :(

I've been having more than a few problems. I love this tablet, but the frustration of searching, reading threads, and figuring out solutions to these annoyances is disrupting my productivity. I'm just wondering if any of ya'll are having the same problems. Please post?

* The first is that the top left portion on the back of my tablet feels warm-hot while the other parts feel cold
    * Auto rotate will sometimes stop working even though auto rotate is set to "ON". I tried to restart, and it would work, but eventually goes back to not working.
    * Short battery life at just a mere 5.3 hours if i'm lucky (I don't even use intensive programs, just web browsing. I understand wifi takes a lot of battery, but whats going on with the estimated 8 hours asus promised.
    * Half of the bottom part of the screen flickers after exiting some apps (just started yesterday). May be due to certain android market apps?
    * When using Google sky maps, the whole screen shakes around (G sensor or accelerometer?). (Even if I leave the tablet dead still on a table)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    361 times
    Google Sky Maps shakes around for me too, I think because it uses the compass

Try a cold boot or a full factory reset if you don't have too much installed - if it still happens after that maybe time for RMA

Not sure about the getting warm bit, I have mine in a case so can't feel it but there is a dualcore processor in there with no fan, so I assume the heatsinks have to dissipate the heat somehow

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by surkins View Post
    I've been having more than a few problems. I love this tablet, but the frustration of searching, reading threads, and figuring out solutions to these annoyances is disrupting my productivity. I'm just wondering if any of ya'll are having the same problems. Please post?

* The first is that the top left portion on the back of my tablet feels warm-hot while the other parts feel cold
    * Auto rotate will sometimes stop working even though auto rotate is set to "ON". I tried to restart, and it would work, but eventually goes back to not working.
    * Short battery life at just a mere 5.3 hours if i'm lucky (I don't even use intensive programs, just web browsing. I understand wifi takes a lot of battery, but whats going on with the estimated 8 hours asus promised.
    * Half of the bottom part of the screen flickers after exiting some apps (just started yesterday). May be due to certain android market apps?
    * When using Google sky maps, the whole screen shakes around (G sensor or accelerometer?). (Even if I leave the tablet dead still on a table)
    Sounds like you have a bad unit. I would exchange it with your retailer.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    * hour battery would be wifi off brightness all the way down...seems thats how companys judge this...the warm part is just the battery my tf and ipad all get a little warm where the batter is as it makes heat...

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MontyQ View Post
    * hour battery would be wifi off brightness all the way down...seems thats how companys judge this...the warm part is just the battery my tf and ipad all get a little warm where the batter is as it makes heat...
    Surkins said the upper left corner of the TF feels warm. The TF battery is located on the bottom middle to left side of the TF. Therefore, I doubt the heat is being caused by the battery.
    Once again I recommend he exchanges or RMA's his TF.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Surkins said the upper left corner of the TF feels warm. The TF battery is located on the bottom middle to left side of the TF. Therefore, I doubt the heat is being caused by the battery.
    Once again I recommend he exchanges or RMA's his TF.
    Just thought maybe the sliders battery was located in a different space...so ya could be his gpu or anything just exchange it and be done and safe

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MontyQ View Post
    Just thought maybe the sliders battery was located in a different space...so ya could be his gpu or anything just exchange it and be done and safe
    WOW didn't realize it is a slider... Didn't notice the Forum we were in... sorry.. Have no clue where the battery is....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the advice. I'll probably play around with it for just a little bit, then RMA. Does anyone have experience with returns for opened tablets from Amazon. I'll contact them after because I value the opinions of people.

I know there's a bit of learning curve to this tablet. But unfortunately it's more than I was looking forward to. There's a strong love and hate relationship with this beautiful thing lol! When I sit down to do some work, something will come up, and I'll have to go search on the Internet to look for solutions—which can sometimes take hours for one problem.
    Last edited by surkins; 10-13-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1546 times
    I keep seeing that subject and want to say, put peanut butter, (crunch) and jelly on it, maybe with a banana.

I know that's not all that funny but that's what I've thought every time I saw warm and toast together.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    106 times
    Lee I was thinking the same thing but maybe a little worse As long as he did not liken it to warm apple pie I think we/he are ok

Hope someone gets the reference
    leeshor likes this.
    Play Bf3? Give some love to our server! Great group of admins!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads