Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times

Asus Eee Pad Slider Now Available In The US

Popular US electronics retailer NewEgg is now offering the highly anticipated Asus EeePad Slider Android tablet for $479 in a 16gb version and $579 for a 32gb version. Asus just about shocked the world with the build, quality and popularity of their EeePad Transformer Android tablet. It sold out quickly at many retail outlets. Asus built the tablet around a line of popular accessories including a keyboard and popular dock with USB and HDMI. The display on the Asus Transformer tablet was an eye turner as well.

The Asus Eee Pad Slider tablet features a full sized qwerty keyboard that slides out from under the tablet, hence the name Eee Pad Slider.

In addition to the keyboard the Slider features a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 10.1 inch 1280800 touchscreen, and 1gb of RAM. As for cameras, it has a 5 mega-pixel rear facing camera capable of shooting 1080p HD video. It also has a front facing camera for video calls over wifi. It also has a working microSD card slot.

Source: TheDroidGuy

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Just out of curiosity, Big G, will the Slider owners be joining us here? Or will the Transformer's cousin have their own Sliders forum? Are you guys working on one?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    I will be adding a Slider section real soon right here. It will be too similar to the TF to have it's own dedicated forum.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like the slider an' all, but one of the main benefits of the original TF design was that it clamshelled to protect the screen when closed. Still, others will go nuts for the slim design which looks like a regular tablet until *blammo* a hardware keyboard.

I guess the 101 is for the productivity-minded when coupled to the dock, the straight 101 is for media consumption, and the slider is for occasional work/text-input. There you go, every segment covered!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubits View Post
    I like the slider an' all, but one of the main benefits of the original TF design was that it clamshelled to protect the screen when closed.
    The other benefits are:
    • multi-angle screen propping. The slider's single-angle propping is a step-back IHMO.
    • wrist rest-area, or the lack thereof on the slider.
    • detachable keyboard. I always undock the TF when using it as a reader because I want portrait orientation when reading books. However, without the keyboard, the TF is much lighter and easier on the holding hand for long reading sessions.

The more I think about it, the clearer it is that the TF101 has a simple but (close to) perfect design.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Yep. The Slider may be a solution hunting for a problem. It is easy enough to take along a bluetooth android keyboard (available from many sources now) when you want to rather than always having to carry the added weight of the Slider's keyboard even if you don't need it. If they had doubled the battery life in the Slider over the TF 101 alone then they might have a desirable package, but the specs I've seen don't look like they did.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I bought the Slider from Circuit City and have had it for a couple of days now. I put together my review with some photos and have it posted on my blog now. Heavy, but not as heavy as the Transformer+keyboard dock. Beautiful screen. Clever engineering. Looks nice. I have to give points to Asus for being original in the tablet market. The Slider won't be the perfect solution for everyone, but those that always want a keyboard with them should love it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you think the keyboard dock for the original transformer will go down in price now?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw64270 View Post
    Do you think the keyboard dock for the original transformer will go down in price now?
    Considering the TF keyboard has dropped from about $150 USD to around $125 at most retailers, I do not forsee much further drop in price. Also, there are options to acquire the TF101+Dock for a really good discount if you are willing to have patience and look around.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw64270 View Post
    The Blackberry Playbook dropped $200 today. With the Kindle Fire at $199 I'm guessing we'll see a slew of price drops before Christmas. RIM had the Playbook too high to start with asking $499 for a 7" tablet when $399 would get you a 10.1" Transformer.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links