Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times

Smile New, (to me), Slider.

Bought this from B&H Photo in NYC. Paid $309.00 and the unit has some very minor wear but works great. Just did an upgrade to ICS. Unit recognized there was an update available and automaticly installed it. Going out today to see if I can find a decent case for it. I have a few store options around town. There's a couple of Compusa's, Best Buys and all the national office supply stores here. Should be able to find something that will work.

I bought this to replace my rather slow Gateway Atom 1.66ghz netbook. That thing was a slug. Wanted a tablet but I really needed a keyboard, the on screen ones are just not that good for email, etc.. A friend bought a couple of sliders, again from B&H used and I instantly knew it was what I needed. I travel a lot and am in airports and hotel rooms so the included keypad is great. Very convienient when sitting in an airport waiting for a plane. No assembly reqired, just open it up and you're ready to go. Screen rez is far better than the netbook and apps open pretty quickly. All I can say is it works great for me.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

You are in good hands my friend. Poke around the forum for some great info, apps, games, etc.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    SL101
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks......on the invite.

Just went out today to look for accessories for my slider. Wasn't really expecting much and I wasn't disappointed! There was nothing out there. Went to 2 Compusa's and one Best Buy. Nothing. Looked like iPad ruled the world. More iPad stuff than I could count. It was everywhere. I did however find a Targus shoulder pouch that I had had for my netbook at Compusa. The slider fit right in like a glove. It also has some pockets for pens and cords and power supply and anything else you might want to keep near the slider. I should have kept the one that was with my netbook, could have saved myself $25.00. I also bought a 16gb micro sd card just to have some extra storage. I really do love this thing. It is just perfect for me and what I do.

I have a small portable Logitech wireless USB mouse that works great on the slider. I also have a USB DVD player that doesn't seem to work. After connecting the USB cord the player powers up and the disc spins but no images appear. Is there an app I need to play movies from a DVD player or is the slider just not equipped to play them? Thanks.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Anything with moving parts plugged into your tablet will decrease the battery life by about 50-60%. Currently, there is only ONE usb dvd player that works on android. No other dvd manufacturer has written kernel drivers for android.

You can get dvdcatalyst and convert dvd's into mp4s to be played on your slider. For me, I've converted whole libraries of bluray's.

URL Removed by Jeffrey

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links