Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: More Slider Owners?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

More Slider Owners?

I bought my slider because it seemed good and then really liked it after using it but I notice there are almost no forums or users of this device. Is it that bad?

Can all things (such as root tools..etc) that are for the transformer, be used for slider also?
    Why is this so unpopular??

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    For all intensive purposes, the slider is basically the same as the Transformer 1.

IMO, the reason it is not more popular are these:
    Heavier than just the tablet
    less battery life than the tablet only Transformer
    fixed screen angle
    hard to find a case for it since it is a unique design

With my TF101, I get 15-16 hours on a charge. I know the slider has maybe 6 hours if I recall. I can go with or without the dock.

What is the current version of firmware on the SL101?

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    <-- Slider owner here .. and loving every minute of it. Granted I didn't really look at the transformer before buying (as I never want to be without the keyboard) but I too have been mystified that the Slider is so overlooked.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dettmore View Post
    <-- Slider owner here .. and loving every minute of it. Granted I didn't really look at the transformer before buying (as I never want to be without the keyboard) but I too have been mystified that the Slider is so overlooked.
    I've had a Slider since the end of September and I love it. It is basically the same tablet as the Transformer except it's 2.1 pounds compared to it's big brother which weighs in at 1.5 pounds WITHOUT it's dock..

I find the tradeoff in the extra pound worth it to be able to always have a keyboard when composing email or writing a draft without wishing I brought my dock with me.

I do believe the main reason for the lack of owners and forums is that Asus switched gears from promoting The Slider, which was oversold very shortly due to limited production, and put all their energy into the Transformer Prime.

If I were to be buying a tablet today, I'd still go with the slider, if one was available.

PS. Regarding the case, I purchased one from Crown for the iPad which fits perfectly.
    veggieslider likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm happy with my slider, and I definitely get more than 6 hours out of it. When I take it to work with me, it's mainly used as a music player with the screen off. After 8+ hours at work, I usually still have 75% or so battery left.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks so much for responses

2ez
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I brought my slider for xmas. I was actually in the store to buy my wife the transformer and saw the slider. I loved it at first sight. I was hooked after playing on it for while. I love the idea of a slide out keyboard, which means for me that i don't have carry an extra piece of equipment when i need to type or edit a document for work. Yes, i use my slider for work. It`s very functional, convenient, and most of all portable.

I too was wondering why the lack of interest in such a wonderful device. A friend at work wanted to purchase one after seeing mines, but none of the stores in our area carried the mocha slider (i have the white) in stock. And, even the few stores that had the white slider sold out. He eventually found it on-line, but unlike the transformer accessories are limited for the slider. I found a nice case for mines, but i had to order it from the UK. It would be nice to have more of a selection.

After nearly a month, I'm still more than happy with my purchase and would highly recommend it. Btw, i did purchased the transformer for my wife, which suits her.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just bought my slider on amazon and I use it to replace all my notebooks for school. I also have two of my textbooks on here I love this so much more than the transformer. I feel like this product was made for me. It just sucks that I dont have anyone I can talk to about it because I am the only person on campus with this device lol. Currently looking for cases as well.
    veggieslider likes this.
    I love my asus eee pad slider!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had my slider for a bit over a week now. It arrived on the same day my Dell laptop died. I had planned to use it as a supplement, now it is my only. That does mean some workarounds and exploration to figure out some things, but honestly, I am quite happy with it. No, wait, I am absolutely loving it.

When I was looking for a tablet, I knew I wanted an Android, and I knew I would eventually be buying a keyboard. I saw the slider on Amazon (though not in stock). I went to Microcenter and found that they had an uncharged demo unit put away, they let me look at it and I knew that this was what I wanted. Finally found one for a good price on B&H Photo.

I think it is not discussed much because it has not been easy to get. I note that Amazon is now stocking them again.

One small problem I am watching, my power button got stuck in the other day. Hope that doesn't happen again.
    It's a Slider... yeah, I know it's cool

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ez View Post
    I found a nice case for mines, but i had to order it from the UK. It would be nice to have more of a selection.
    Is that the Navtech leather case? It looks like it has a clear plastic over the whole keyboard. How does that work out for typing?
    It's a Slider... yeah, I know it's cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads