Thread: What's the deal with "Must have flash" with everyone

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    89 times

What's the deal with "Must have flash" with everyone

I have tried to grasp the big need for Adobe's Flash Player, I was going to try and install it then I relized I'm just following everyone else of the bridge....I can't seem to think when or if I've ever I've seen "You Must Have Flash Player" so could someone shed some more light on this Adobe Flash Player.....I'm not tech sevy if that's even a word lol....thanks

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1621 times
    Lack of Flash happens to be a big deal for some Apple users but most people don't care if a WEB site doesn't work correctly due to Flash use. I have a customer who uses Flash extensively on his WEB site and insists on continuing to use it despite the fact that he gets ticked off every time he goes to the site on his iPad. He would love to have an Android tablet but his iPad was a gift from his daughter.

The problem is that so many people, (WEB devs mostly), have not figured out how to use HTML5 in its place.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    I think the main reason people want to have flash on their tablets is just to say they have it and make iPad users jealous. I have Flash on my tablet, but I rarely use it. It is very unstable, and not worth it.

Similar question - Why do so many people (even with 64 GB of internal memory) want to move apps to the microSD? It is just one of those things that people want to do it just to brag about it.
    - By the way, moving apps to the microSD is not easy, or a good idea at least for the Asus tablets.
    Spacebridge and IdaUte like this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Similar question - Why do so many people (even with 64 GB of internal memory) want to move apps to the microSD? It is just one of those things that people want to do it just to brag about it.
    - By the way, moving apps to the microSD is not easy, or a good idea at least for the Asus tablets.
    Frederuco,
    As I remember it, moving an app to the microsd was pretty straightforward. I think I went to apps and then clicked 'move to card'. (there might have been other steps in there, just use your imagination once you're in settings)

On a separate thread there seems to be a correlation between the number of apps you have on your tablet and start up time. Not to pull this thread off track (maybe my comment should be moved elsewhere) but I wonder why that would occur? Certainly Android is mature enough not to 'load' all the apps (except an index to them) on start up.

Mike

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1045 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mathis21788 View Post
    On a separate thread there seems to be a correlation between the number of apps you have on your tablet and start up time. Not to pull this thread off track (maybe my comment should be moved elsewhere) but I wonder why that would occur? Certainly Android is mature enough not to 'load' all the apps (except an index to them) on start up.

Mike
    The apps you have on your tablet are resident somewhere. The OS on startup does a lot of housekeeping - and thus the more apps you have installed on your tablet the longer it takes to startup. I have over 150 apps which take up less than 3 GB. I don't see a need to put them on microsd.

Regarding Flash - HTML5 has a long way to go before it has the features and abilities Flash has. Here are some sites to check out on your Flash-enabled Browser:

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/best-flash-sites
    Last edited by Swipe; 06-20-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    108 times
    There are a few sites that I need flash to view the videos .l don't see it as must have app but it is nice to have around when I need it .

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    208 times
    At YouTube.com/html5 you can enter the new trial and have all of your videos play in the browser without flash. I have used this for 6 months and find that it works fine.
    Zoomer likes this.
    I apologize for any spelng mistakes made as a result of the keybord- I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, the grammar may not be.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mathis21788 View Post
    Frederuco,
    As I remember it, moving an app to the microsd was pretty straightforward. I think I went to apps and then clicked 'move to card'. (there might have been other steps in there, just use your imagination once you're in settings)

Mike
    This is an option for some devices. However, I know that my TF101 with stock ICS firmware, or any of the non-standard ROMs I have run, this is NOT an option on any of them.

Also, I am about 99% sure this is not an option on any of the other Asus devices, but I could be wrong.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    I think the main reason people want to have flash on their tablets is just to say they have it and make iPad users jealous. I have Flash on my tablet, but I rarely use it. It is very unstable, and not worth it.
    I agree it's very unstable and not worth it. I really don't want to use flash but I have to because there's a few sites that I regularly visit use flash
    - actually iPad iPhone users can install apps that help them run flash, even though they might not run as good as "real" (unstable) flash that android has, they can still watch flash videos without problems and that's what most people use flash for anyway.

Accidentally tapatalked from my iPod touch
    My device: White TF300T, Stock Android 4.2.1, NOT unlocked.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    87 times
    I haven't had a need for flash myself and probably never will, Gtanner00 has the right idea with YouTube.com/html5 .
    Everything is usually YouTube format that I watch too.
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads