Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wallydog
  • 1 Post By Asus_USA

Thread: When viewing my Netflix app I'm getting this buffering.....what's going on???

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    89 times

When viewing my Netflix app I'm getting this buffering.....what's going on???

I've search around looking for a similar buffering and came across people with a similar issue with the YouTube, and found one advice about going to settings-Advanced and uncheck WiFi Optimization. Well I'm not sure if this really worked but I think it had some effect as 5 min of buffering went to 2 min of buffering, So has anyone else dealt with this? How did you fix it or did you fix it?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    108 times
    Interference with the WiFi signal can cause buffering , every time I ran my microwave I got buffering . My router was set to channel 8 , someone told me to set it to a lower channel because microwaves use higher channels . I set it to 2 and the buffering stopped . My cordless phone also interferes and causes buffering . Check and see if other routers are listed in your WiFi settings , if they are using the same channel they could be degrading your signal . Try other WiFi channels on your router to see if it helps . Buffering on YouTube is common when watching HD on slower connections ,tap the HD setting to off to stop the buffering . Netflix is usually smooth at lower speeds and is more forgiving . You can go to the Netflix web sight and set your speed in your settings .
    Spacebridge likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    72 times
    I get Netflix buffering a lot now, since I quit cable and went back to DSL recently. But I didn't have the problem while on DSL the first time.
    DEVICES__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Asus TF701T - Custom; Samsung Galaxy S3 - Custom; Asus TF700T - Custom; Toshiba Thrive - (retired)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Powered by Cyanogenmod !!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    89 times
    [QUOTE=Wallydog;276620]Interference with the WiFi signal can cause buffering , every time I ran my microwave I got buffering . My router was set to channel 8 , someone told me to set it to a lower channel because microwaves use higher channels . I set it to 2 and the buffering stopped . My cordless phone also interferes and causes buffering . Check and see if other routers are listed in your WiFi settings , if they are using the same channel they could be degrading your signal . Try other WiFi channels on your router to see if it helps . Buffering on YouTube is common when watching HD on slower connections ,tap the HD setting to off to stop the buffering . Netflix is usually smooth at lower speeds and is more forgiving . You can go to the Netflix web sight and set your speed in your settings .[/QUOTE

Thanks for the advice Wallydog I will take a stab at that, its funny though because I've watched my Netflix through the app several times over the past 2 weeks without any buffering whatsoever (Son of Anarchy) but out of the blue I set this up so my wife can watch it (Greys Anatomy) and the buffering starts....we live in a strech of townhouses could a neighbors gadgets interfere with my signal because we are separate by only a wall and could be only 10 ft apart when siting in our living-rooms. I'll report back once I've completed my mission to solve this buffering issue

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    108 times
    You can check Netflix problems here ... http://downrightnow.com/netflix

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    91 times
    I blame Grey's Anatomy.

Interference can definitely play a part, as well as (obviously) internet speed. The number of devices connected to your router and their activity would cause slowdown too. Try setting the channels to 4 or 7 for your device. With me, the buffering is pretty random. Sometimes it will be perfect and sometimes, it'll be pretty slow. I have noticed it being slow if everyone is home on their computers, playing games, on their Netflix, ect, though.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1046 times
    Thread moved to the Applications section of the forum.

I suggest downloading the Wifi Analyzer app which can show you signal strength as well as the best channel to use...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    89 times
    OK I wanna say for the tips on the WiFi channel thingy as that seemed to have fixed the buffering problem. I say thingy only because my wife is the mighty tech god in our house and did all her handy work while I was at work. I checked out several different shows on the Netflix and didn't get one buffering......thanks

That leads me to this next question how do I mark this thread or any other that my problem is solved?

Ads