Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Problems configuring Splashtop to access work PC via 'Internet discovery'

I have been unable to connect my TF to my work PC running Splashtop Streamer and the updated version of MyCloud.

Not surprisingly, the work PC is on a wired network behind a firewall.

I was able to connect the TF to the work computer using Wyse Pocketcloud. It was basically idiotproof. But the desktop app rearranged icons on my screen.

I've been hopeful that the latest versions of Splashtop with internet discovery enabled would allow me to use it as an alternative (I've also tried out LogMeIn and Teamviewer).

But so far, I've had no luck.

Anyone have suggestions? The desktop version of streamer says my Google login was successful. I also believe I have the google account info properly configured on the TF (although I must admit I do have more than one account, so maybe the TF version of Splashtop (in MyCloud) is not smart enough?

Thanks in advance.
    Deanovt

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I use PhoneMyPC. Setup is pretty painless and will try to connect over LAN and if that fails over WAN. I also can install the client on multiple machines (not sure about the other programs) and then connect to any of then when I launch the app. Works flawlessly so far, including access to both displays on my work computer with dual monitors. Work is also behind a Barracuda firewall and PhoneMyPC works just fine. Also, it's only $15.

Market Link

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeggen View Post
    I use PhoneMyPC. Setup is pretty painless and will try to connect over LAN and if that fails over WAN. I also can install the client on multiple machines (not sure about the other programs) and then connect to any of then when I launch the app. Works flawlessly so far, including access to both displays on my work computer with dual monitors. Work is also behind a Barracuda firewall and PhoneMyPC works just fine. Also, it's only $15.

Market Link
    Thanks for the tip. I'll consider PhoneMyPC (even though I'd like to know why Splashtop doesn't work as advertised).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deanovermont View Post
    I have been unable to connect my TF to my work PC running Splashtop Streamer and the updated version of MyCloud.

Not surprisingly, the work PC is on a wired network behind a firewall.

I was able to connect the TF to the work computer using Wyse Pocketcloud. It was basically idiotproof. But the desktop app rearranged icons on my screen.

I've been hopeful that the latest versions of Splashtop with internet discovery enabled would allow me to use it as an alternative (I've also tried out LogMeIn and Teamviewer).

But so far, I've had no luck.

Anyone have suggestions? The desktop version of streamer says my Google login was successful. I also believe I have the google account info properly configured on the TF (although I must admit I do have more than one account, so maybe the TF version of Splashtop (in MyCloud) is not smart enough?

Thanks in advance.
    Deanovt
    From what i understand they have not yet integrated the google internet discovery part into the android app, thats what i thought i read anyways, Because i was having alot of trouble with this too. But i figured out to get it to work you have to run the streamer on the desktop you want it to connect to. Then allow your router/modem to allow those ports to connect to your computer (I set my pc to a DMZ which allows anything to connect). And then connect to the IP address Shown on the streamer). Kinda annoying not having the internet discovery up but I believe you have to have the ports enabled regardless. Took alot of trial and error

Ads