Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Skype Video Calls

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can confirm skype is not working for video calls which is a huge disappointment.

Talk (which is Google Talk renamed for some reason) comes pre-installed in the My Apps bit and works fine but of course bugger all people use google talk ...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Hopefully Skype will become available with video for us someday real soon. I have a 10 month old grand daughter and I had to setup Skype on my son's computer. Now I've got to setup Google Talk and retrain them. I'm the geek in the family.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Luckily Google Talk is pretty easy to get going. This is one of the main features I plan on using with the TF so I'm glad to hear that it's working. Now that Skype is owned by Microsoft I'm curious if that will affect it's development on Android.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I read on another forum that Tango will work but you may have to hold the TF in portrait to get the video oriented correctly. That puts the camera on the right. Just ordered my TF so I can't verify that it works. Hope it does since I really would like to have Video chatting for the daughter and family. Right now we are using Facetime with Itouch 4's but that is a little hard on the little screen for both my wife and I to see at the same time. If someone gets a chance to test Tango before I get my TF please post your results here. I've read that they are working on Skype for Honeycomb so it is probably coming sometime soon.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I will be getting mine tomorrow and can verify since I probably won't put it down until a week from now, lol.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Moondoggie. I understand the not putting down part. I'm the same way with new tech. I don't buy a lot but what I do get I tend to try and make the most of. Wish I had this device a few months ago since I'm recovering from double knee replacements. Had to get by with my old Itouch and I kept wishing for something bigger and better while I spent a lot of time with ice packs and legs elevated.

gergs

Any other updates to videocalls on the TF?

Ive used Fring for video calls to iphone and ipod touch. Worked ok but video wasnt great and tonight my sister could barely hear me. Anyone else have negative experience with microphone performance? I wondered if the tablets mic isnt as good as a phones because it isnt well, a phone.

gergs

Google Talk

Google Talk worked much better than Fring as far as video and sound quality. My sister downloaded Talk via Chrome and with a plugin she could call me using video. With Fring the videowas upside down for some reason. It says iphone users can go to google.com/talk and use it too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey, then you can use Skype video recorder to help you record video on skype.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i tried skype but could not see an option to start or receive video. i figured i was just too dumb to figure it out.
    ;-0
    well, maybe there is no video for skype on android 3.1.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads