Thread: word processors polaris office vs. Quickoffice HD Pro

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    32 times

word processors polaris office vs. Quickoffice HD Pro

Has anyone had experiences with both of these? is the $20 worth it for quickoffice?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    I don't believe so. Look into OfficeSuite Pro. There are several options out there but it is the best in my opinion.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    Has anyone had experiences with both of these? is the $20 worth it for quickoffice?
    I don't use Quick Office HD, I use the regular Pro version and it works great on the Transformer
    I've used on all my phones and tablets.
    Just remember my needs may be different than yours

EDIT:
    I'm going to have to learn to type faster
    Last edited by kgragert; 04-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    139 times
    Personally, I like the interface of KingSoft the best....but it's lacking in features...which is understandable, given it's free.

I've been looking back and forth between QuickOffice and OfficeSuite Pro. Generally QuickOffice reviews better....but that could be because it's also on iPad, and the reviewers are more familiar with it, leading to bias.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    32 times
    I read before that they don't have spell checkers which is a major fail for a word processor in 2012, has this changed recently?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    139 times
    It's *going* to change. I know QuickOffice have mentioned on their blog that spellcheck is coming in an April update. Now that it's in the core OS, app developers that want spellcheck can include it in their apps, so I *assume* it's in the "get this done" list of a lot of developers out there, if they see it of value (and I'd assume spellcheck on a word processor would be seen as of value).

I don't know about the others.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    I had OfficeSuite Pro installed before I did a Factory Reset on my TF 101. I had been noticing some battery drain and was monitoring the running apps. I hadn't used OfficeSuite Pro since installing ICS but noticed that it was always running. I wrote to the developer to ask how to disable whatever activities the app starts on its own and was told that I can't disable anything, that running all the time is a feature of the app. I was told that the app refreshes the documents list periodically. I'm still in the process of re-installing apps and haven't gotten to OfficeSuite Pro yet. I think the battery drain is less but I don't know if that's because something got fixed on the factory reset or if not having OfficeSuite Pro installed has made a difference. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    32 times
    one of the good things about the latest firmware for the 201 iis it shows what % battery has been used by what, right now for example I see 45% by the screen (even though its set almost lowest brightness setting) next is wifi 33%, then tablet idle 10%, browser 8%, docs to go 3%, gps 2% etc. ... I would imagine that the screen percentage includes the CPU etc. as well mnsansei? what % does your officesuite pro show, does it show these percentages on the tf 101 as well?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mnsansei View Post
    I had OfficeSuite Pro installed before I did a Factory Reset on my TF 101. I had been noticing some battery drain and was monitoring the running apps. I hadn't used OfficeSuite Pro since installing ICS but noticed that it was always running. I wrote to the developer to ask how to disable whatever activities the app starts on its own and was told that I can't disable anything, that running all the time is a feature of the app. I was told that the app refreshes the documents list periodically. I'm still in the process of re-installing apps and haven't gotten to OfficeSuite Pro yet. I think the battery drain is less but I don't know if that's because something got fixed on the factory reset or if not having OfficeSuite Pro installed has made a difference. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
    Office Suite Pro is one of the must have applications that I reinstalled after the factory reset and I haven't noticed any excess battery loss.
    It has always annoyed me that it ran in the background also.
    mnsansei likes this.
    Before anyone takes my advice, please read the disclaimer below
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
    and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Douglas Adams

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    one of the good things about the latest firmware for the 201 iis it shows what % battery has been used by what, right now for example I see 45% by the screen (even though its set almost lowest brightness setting) next is wifi 33%, then tablet idle 10%, browser 8%, docs to go 3%, gps 2% etc. ... I would imagine that the screen percentage includes the CPU etc. as well mnsansei? what % does your officesuite pro show, does it show these percentages on the tf 101 as well?
    I haven't re-installed Office Suite Pro yet but before I did the Factory Reset, the % battery it used varied from about 3-30% More than once the percentage was higher than wifi but usually it was less than 10%

Quote Originally Posted by kgragert View Post
    Office Suite Pro is one of the must have applications that I reinstalled after the factory reset and I haven't noticed any excess battery loss.
    It has always annoyed me that it ran in the background also.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll take it into account as I make decisions about what to re-install next.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads