Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Google Voice with Groove IP/GVoice

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble figuring out something regarding this topic. GVoice, I believe, is a new app that works like Groove IP basically, it was on sale for .99$, so I gave it a go.

There is a good chance I may be moving overseas, so I was hoping this would be a good option for my phone needs.

Every time I go to get a google voice number I get stumped when I am suppose to enter a forwarding number. I want to use this on my tablet, and I will not have a cell phone number after moving. What am I suppose to enter in this area if I don't plan on having a cell phone number? I want people to be able to call my google voice number to get in touch with me.

Also, if someone could tell me how to set this up to text message other phones, I would be appreciative.
    What befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    I know nothing of GVoice, but with Groove IP you would have your Google Voice acccount forward to Google Chat, in order to receive calls.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, but when creating your google number (a new one), and you get to the part where you have to enter a forwarding number...what do I do then?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    As far as texting goes, once you have your Google Voice account set up, simply go to https://www.google.com/voice. From there you will be able to text any phone number by hitting the Text button, or better yet, select one of your contacts in your Gmail account and text them. Play around with it by texting your current phone from Google Voice and text Google Voice from your current phone.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTZM View Post
    Yes, but when creating your google number (a new one), and you get to the part where you have to enter a forwarding number...what do I do then?
    Well, if they force you to enter one (which it seems they do), add your current number. Then afterward, go to Settings and remove it. There is a Delete button next to mine, so I could attempt to delete. Not sure if it would stop me, or not. When you go back into Settings, you will also see Google Chat as an available option to forward to.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys,

I'm having trouble figuring out something regarding this topic. GVoice, I believe, is a new app that works like Groove IP basically, it was on sale for .99$, so I gave it a go.

There is a good chance I may be moving overseas, so I was hoping this would be a good option for my phone needs.

Every time I go to get a google voice number I get stumped when I am suppose to enter a forwarding number. I want to use this on my tablet, and I will not have a cell phone number after moving. What am I suppose to enter in this area if I don't plan on having a cell phone number? I want people to be able to call my google voice number to get in touch with me.

Also, if someone could tell me how to set this up to text message other phones, I would be appreciative.
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...gle-voice.html
    AsusPrime=beastmode

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys
    I received my TPrime today...did the update to ICS, set up GV, installed the paid version of GrooveIP, have tested over home internet, as well as hotspot 4G Verizon and have about 50% success with making and receiving calls...

What am I doing wrong...or do I need to send this damn thing back?

Thanks,

PT

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How do you receive calls using the Google Voice/GrooveIP combo? Can you receive calls on the tablet itself? I lost my phone and I'm not due a full discount upgrade until May 1st, so I was thinking about surviving on this alone, but I can only make calls and receive voicemail. I love it so far, but I would be ELATED if I can receive calls on it too.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    7 times
    It doesn't work on WiFi only. I've spent 4 days searching and tweaking GroovEIP, GV, and Google chat. All I can do is text. Very frustrating they post their app here and it doesn't work or even show HELP??? WTF??

Ads