Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How can I run 2 or 3 apps at same time?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Red face How can I run 2 or 3 apps at same time?

How can do the following things at the same time: record an interview (voice), snap pictures, annotate the pictures, and capture GPS coordinates without stopping the recording interview?

Thanks, Ghost

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2809 times
    Some apps run in the background (like pandora, music and many others). The trick is to find a recording app that runs in the background.

This may not be possible on Android. Honestly, I think you may need a netbook, or anther device (smartphone or digital recorder) to record the interview.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times
    Since you're a ghost, shouldnt you already know this? Lol

What you want will be in the near future. But not right now. Look up onskreen cornerstone.
    TommyA_Ghost likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Best option for now would be to Video Record everything - that way you will have Voice / Video / Freeze Frame Images once you copy the video to the PC

So near enough everything on your list except GPS in a work-around sort of way
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    195 times
    [

What you want will be in the near future. But not right now. Look up onskreen cornerstone.

I really hope ASUS sees this as a way to make the TF even more outstanding. I have been wanting this since I first saw the video a few months back.
    When all else fails click here http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    New toy ASUS T100 I'm in learning mode now?
    Tab 32 GB + Dock (mine), LG Optimus V
    ASUS MB P5Q-E (mine home brew PC), HP Desktop (wife's)
    Compaq Lappy (ours)(sitting in corner sad since I got the TF)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by helpifIcan View Post
    [

I really hope ASUS sees this as a way to make the TF even more outstanding. I have been wanting this since I first saw the video a few months back.
    There seems to be 2 major problems that contribute to why we haven't gotten this feature yet and most likely won't get it anytime soon.

(1) Onskreen wants to make a huge profit out of this feature.

In other words, they want to be like microsoft on this one. They want all rights reserved, huge royalties, etc. But the problem comes in with the 2nd problem.

(2) Google and android manufacturers are not convinced cornerstone will make such a big splash.

We know that onskreen is having a terrible time trying to convince these big corporations that people would want true multitasking on their android tablets. In fact, a few months ago they made onskreen take a survey of people to see if people would really want something like this.

I suspect very much that because of the success of the ipad and ipad2, google and android device manufacturers don't want to think outside the box to compete with apple. Everyone knows the idevices can't multi-task. And yet it is the most popular tablet platform right now. Google and android devices manufacturers seem to be perfectly happy following apple rather than trying to get ahead of it. In other words, they are afraid to put something like cornerstone on their devices out of fear that it's too... exotic.

Most people are afraid to step outside the box. Take my hard drive mod, for example. I managed to solder in a 750GB hard drive into the dock while preserving all features that originally came with it. In fact, I managed to figure out a way to decrease the overall weight of my device with this mod. And yet, you have any idea how many hate mails I've gotten about this mod after people started posting my work on their blogs?

People are generally afraid of radical ideas. And IMHO cornerstone is as radical as it gets. So, don't hold your breath waiting for cornerstone. For now, android tablet manufacturers as well as google are perfectly happy watching apple's butt from behind. In fact, I don't think there's any intention at all to try to surpass the apple's ipads. They'll continue to take very small steps in their development just to be safe.

In fact, I am absolutely convinced that the only way we will see something like cornerstone on our tablets is if the ipad3 has this feature. Then, this will finally give android manufacturers an incentive to pursue this route. In the mean time, just be happy with what we have.
    TommyA_Ghost likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    33 times
    This is possible. Turn on locations for your camera (this will record where you take the picture). Go to the built in Sound recorder app (called "Sound Recorder", it's in your app drawer), start recording. It will continue recording in the background (to stop it, just go to notifications bar and tap it again) while you do whatever. I tested this by starting a recording, snapping a picture, and then opening it in another app. Only thing left is find a photo app that lets you add an annotation - any suggestions on that?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by al16000 View Post
    This is possible. Turn on locations for your camera (this will record where you take the picture). Go to the built in Sound recorder app (called "Sound Recorder", it's in your app drawer), start recording. It will continue recording in the background (to stop it, just go to notifications bar and tap it again) while you do whatever. I tested this by starting a recording, snapping a picture, and then opening it in another app. Only thing left is find a photo app that lets you add an annotation - any suggestions on that?
    Apparently this Pro Paint Camera app can do that

https://market.android.com/details?i...propaintcamera
    TommyA_Ghost likes this.
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank-you for the background information. Will try the work around suggested and research the company also. This capability (true muti tasking) is something that could be valuable to anyone in the research or analysis field including detectives, police, teachers, news media, lawyers, etc... Intensions are to test this capability overseas performing logistics surveys.

Great input, Thanks again! Ghost

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    10 times
    @ mr. goodintentions:In addition at what you said, I think the multitasking feature is ready but marketing smart boys will approve launch at the right moment. For now, people are buying a lot of devices, why to stop this? Don't forget, building a hardware/software piece is easy in this days, the hard thing is to sell at the very right momment for maximum profit.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    **DEVICE**
    Phone model: Transformer TF101
    Android version: 4.0.3 (ICS) - testing .24
    Build number: HTK75.WW_epad-8.6.5.19
    Total memory: 29852422144

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads