Thread: Splashtop HD

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2793 times
    If you do not like the nag screen, you cannot uninstall included apps, but just get the paid version from the market and it will give an icon for "Splashtoop HD" in your app drawer/home screen and you can launch it directly from there.

For me, it is not worth the $10, but to others it may be worth it.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    828 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    If you do not like the nag screen, you cannot uninstall included apps, but just get the paid version from the market and it will give an icon for "Splashtoop HD" in your app drawer/home screen and you can launch it directly from there.

For me, it is not worth the $10, but to others it may be worth it.
    Or you could wait for it to be "on special" for $4.99 like tightwad me did....its worth at least that much.
    Frederuco likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I can wait for it to go on special.

Any help for this problem?

I'm using Splashtop that came with the Transformer. One issue I have is when I log into my Desktop PC from my Transformer, the Desktop PC screen goes blank and the resolution changes which makes my desktop icons re-arrange. When I log out, my Desktop PC reverts back to my original screen resolution but my desktop icons are still out order. I have to re-arrange them each time. This can be a problem for me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Running Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have a HD Monitor (1080P) connected via a DVI connection.
    Last edited by AceH; 12-24-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    There is a setting to use the displays native resolution. When you first start SRD and see a list of possible connections, click the arrow on the right, then click Advanced. Change Resolution to "Use computer's native display setting." It should now show you the whole desktop.

Edit: I should add that I'm currently using the normal Remote Desktop, but I would think it'd be the same in the HD version.
    Last edited by js213; 12-24-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok I am now using Splashtop HD via Mycloud and it does look good. HOWEVER I seem to be getting a considerable amount of lag - anything from a couple to around 10 seconds. For instance is I click the start button on the remote desktop you can see that on the remote computer the response is instant whereas there is a delay of around 4 seconds on the remote desktop. I then proceed to open Windows Live Photo Gallery and again the remote computer responds instantly but on Splashtop there is a lag of around 8 or 9 seconds before it loads.

When Streaming a video it is not a very fluid experience.

Note, the remote computer is connected wirelessly to the network and I am thinking that this may have a lot to do with my issues? I have tried switching off the windows firewall but it has made no discernible difference. Also I have played with the screen resolution settings.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might improve my experience?

BTW the remote computer although a bit more than 2 years old does meet the minimum spec requirements.

Also it is possible to wake the remote computer via Splashtop when the remote computer is connected wirelessly. From what I understand it is not, I would need to connect the computer to the router via ethernet in order to do this. I certainly do not want to get into the habit of leaving my laptop on all of the time!

Thanks in advance Simon.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok I have just connect the remote computer up to router via ethenet and a lot of the above issue are no longer being experienced. There is still a slight (but very acceptable) lag. When I stream a video though, whilst improved it is still not a fluid as an experience as expected - maybe my expectations are just too high.

So it is settings I should checked on the router / network / remote computer that may improve my splashtop experience when the computer is connected wirelessly?

Thanks
    Simon

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I tried the Splashtop free version after the update but had problems with it - bought the paid version and since then I have been very impressed - a much better level of performance, no messing with icons. One annoyance since an update of SHD is that when you use the shift key on the keyboard dock you often end up with two characters (one in uppercase followed by one in lowercase). This can be avoided if you are careful about releasing the character key before releasing shift but this does mean that it is difficult to type quickly - hopefully this will be addressed in another update (SHD developers are awar of the problem).

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    828 times
    The paid version of SplashTop HD definitely has better performance.

That said...any remote-access package is dependent on the actual Internet bandwidth speed and WIFI connection speed for the tablet...so Your Mileage May Vary, depending on where/when you are using it.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA WIN 8.1 & ASUS TF101 ANDROID TABLETS

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    The paid version of SplashTop HD definitely has better performance.

That said...any remote-access package is dependent on the actual Internet bandwidth speed and WIFI connection speed for the tablet...so Your Mileage May Vary, depending on where/when you are using it.
    Not sure I understand why the paid version of SplashTop HD would be better the same HD version provided as a default in MyCloud? I don't mind paying 6 for the product if people are able to verify that it is definitely quicker.

The internet bandwidth is only relevant when you are trying to connect away from your home network is it not?

Any feedback re waking the remote computer via a wireless network?

Thanks
    Simon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads