Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

File Manager HD Help

Hey guys, I have a few questions on how to use this app.

1) How do I create a shortcut? When I go to create it only lets me create a new folder.
    2) How do I create a bookmark for my external microSD?
    3) I somehow deleted my "gallery" shortcut, can I get it back?
    4) How do I change the default storage to my external mircoSD?
    5) Kind of off topic; I understand that the directory "TunnyBrowser" is part of the dolphin hd browser, but why can't I move it?

I think that's it, any help is appreciated!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    826 times
    I'll take this question, you'll have others chiming in for the rest. I don't believe you can actually "delete" the gallery, you probably just removed it from your home screen. Go to Apps on the upper right corner, tap the hollow blue icons on the right until you get to the Gallery icon, they're alphabetized. Press and hold it until it becomes loose and swipe it onto one of the home screens.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I meant I deleted it from my shortcuts in the File Manager HD Gallery, I believe you're telling me how to get it back on my regular home screen.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    Lets take a shot:

1) How do I create a shortcut? When I go to create it only lets me create a new folder.
    Are you trying to create a shortcut for a program, or a folder, and do you want it to show up on the home screen? FM HD will only allow you to "Bookmark" a folder which adds it to the bookmark to the left hand side of the FM HD app.

Do you want a shortcut on the home screen, or a bookmark on the left hand side? To make a bookmark on the left, long press on the microSD folder and then when the menu pops up tap Bookmark.

I think sculptedstylus got this, but go to the app drawer (says apps on the top right of the home screen) and find the app and long press, drag it to one of the screens that shows on the bottom of the screen.
    EDIT - Saw your response. I am not sure how you lost this, I cannot remove it on mine. I would try uninstalling the FM HD app and then downloading it again from the market.

You can't. Apps must remain on the internal (/mnt/sdcard) directory. This is a limitation of Honeycomb and may change in the next version. Some apps allow you to scan the other directories (like MoboPlayer and QuickPic). What types of files do you want to have default to this location?

5) Kind of off topic; I understand that the directory "TunnyBrowser" is part of the dolphin hd browser, but why can't I move it?
    In order to change this, you will need to change the coding in the app of Dolphin to use another directory. It is something you will just have to learn to live with unfortunately (just like the LOST.DIR that gets created on each piece of removable storage that gets inserted.
    Last edited by Frederuco; 12-06-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Frederuco,

1) I wanted to create a shortcut for the left hand side of FM HD where all the other ones appear (movies, storage, system, etc.). I really just wanted to know so I could recreate the gallery shortcut I somehow deleted.
    2) I want to make a bookmark for my microSD on the left hand side of FM HD under bookmarks. I don't even see my microSD folder within FM HD.
    3) I tried uninstall but when I reinstalled it just put it back the way I had previously set it up, I guess it created a backup and just re-installed from that.
    4) Okay, I thought I read somewhere that you could do that.
    5) Oh well, haha.

Thanks again.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2811 times
    1) I wanted to create a shortcut for the left hand side of FM HD where all the other ones appear (movies, storage, system, etc.). I really just wanted to know so I could recreate the gallery shortcut I somehow deleted.
    I will have to look into this further, I am not sure how the gallery shortcut exists, it only shows the folders with pictures. Not an easy way to redo this that I know of.

2) I want to make a bookmark for my microSD on the left hand side of FM HD under bookmarks. I don't even see my microSD folder within FM HD.
    Tap on the arrow labeled "UP" just to the right of the "Multi" on the top of the screen until it is greyed out. Next, look for a folder called "Removable". Inside this is the microSD folder. Long press on this folder and select "Bookmark"

EDIT - I cannot figure out how you deleted the Gallery from the shortcuts. I would contact the app developer and ask them if they have an idea how you did it, and how to get it back.
    Last edited by Frederuco; 12-06-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    1) I have it under bookmarks now.
    2) It's not to big a deal, just kind of weird and annoying. I'm guessing I deleted it when I was deleting some unknown directories that I shouldn't have been messing with.

Thanks for the help

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTZM View Post
    Hey guys, I have a few questions on how to use this app.

Long press --> bookmark.
    Keep pressing the up button on top until you can see removable. Go into that folder. You should see your microsd folder. Long press that and choose bookmark.
    Long press your gallery folder and choose bookmark. Or better, uninstall and reinstall file manager HD.
    You can't.
    First of all, why would you want to move it? If you move it, your dolphin app will simply create another one in its place every time you open up dolphin. It's kinda counter productive to do so.

But to answer your question, long press and choose move. Then navigate to where you want to move it and press paste.

The moral of the story is long press to get a full menu.

I think that's it, any help is appreciated![/QUOTE]

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks, about number 5..i figured that out. i just didnt know why it kept recrearing it.

Ads