Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    4 times

Root for the Trio?

Hey guys

I recently updated my Galaxy S3 to 4.4.2 KitKat with the custom ROM CyanogenMod 11.

Then I thought if it would also able to do that with my Trio? I looked on the CyanogenMod website and our TX201LA is not listed on the supported devices. But there are other custom ROMs out there.

Rooting the device and also put a custom ROM on it wouldn't be the problem I think, but would I be able to switch between Android and Win8 any more? Maybe with installing the driver from the ASUS website? The other features with smart charging, swapping data through ASUS webstorage isn't that important for me.

Talk to me if you had thought about this too, or already tried?

Jake

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    You probably would need to at lease copy the Asus OS Switcher app from the original firmware.

But the bigger problem is probably going to be the rooting part. There is currently no known way to root the Asus transformer book trio.

Another problem could be that the trio hardware probably is to specific for a costume rom. I have no idea how exactly the connection between the dock and the tablet works, but it is very likely that there is specific code inside the Android kernel to support the connection. There is not only the display, there are the cameras, the audio connection, the keyboard and the USB port, as well as the charging and the specific debugging mode when you change to Windows. So my first guess would be that costum roms won't be able to support the trio without extra work.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    I just ask one question; why should you root the Trio having a wonderful working two-worlds pc; the only Device having these wonderful opportunities accessing both Windows and Android?

I fully agree With former users telling that the switcher would be corrupted and won't work anymore if rooted.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by permo View Post
    I just ask one question; why should you root the Trio having a wonderful working two-worlds pc; the only Device having these wonderful opportunities accessing both Windows and Android?
    Rooting an Android device is like running a windows machine in Administrator mode, it gives you full access to the operating system. Rooting a device leaves the rom untouched.
    With root you can run ad blocking software, Titanium Backup, delete bloatware within the rom and run 1001 usful apps to make an android device even better.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyboby!!
    I donĀ“t have rooted my TX201LA and the switcher (windows/android) would be corrupted and don't work.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy69 View Post
    Rooting an Android device is like running a windows machine in Administrator mode, it gives you full access to the operating system. Rooting a device leaves the rom untouched.
    With root you can run ad blocking software, Titanium Backup, delete bloatware within the rom and run 1001 usful apps to make an android device even better.
    This is 100% correct. Rooting and installing custom made ROMS are two completely different things.

BTW from everything I can tell the actual switching is done at the hardware level not the software level. That is why Linux can be installed on the PC station and still switch back and forth with no special software installed. Remember, the switch is on the PC station not the tablet. That switch turns the tablet to/from a monitor not the tablet.

Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    OK; if there is so great benefits of rooting; have you rooted Your 201- Device and how?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by permo View Post
    OK; if there is so great benefits of rooting; have you rooted Your 201- Device and how?
    Getting root on the Trio is unfortunately not possible at the moment. I have tried most of the universal root methods and tried a couple of other methods without success.

I look forward to the day that root is acheived as it will be icing on the cake for the Trio

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy69 View Post
    Getting root on the Trio is unfortunately not possible at the moment. I have tried most of the universal root methods and tried a couple of other methods without success.

I look forward to the day that root is acheived as it will be icing on the cake for the Trio
    I hate to say but we need an android developer to get this thing rooted. Maybe a bounty pot could entice a developer somewhere to do this.

VeEuzUKY
    Has anyone tried an app called "Framaroot v1.9.2" for rooting? Might be worth a try..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links