Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Root Asus Transformer Book Trio (TX201LA)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy69 View Post
    I have tried the latest versions of Kingo, OneClickRoot, Cydia Impactor and SuperOneClick from a PC and the Root Super User access app to gain root but without success.
    Is there any more to try?
    Have you try this SafeRoot method from AsusPad Phone A86 Infinity... It look like a universal root exploit.

[Root] Asus The New Padfone Infinity a86 - Working Root - xda-developers
    permo likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danpaul88 View Post
    Honestly rooting it won't do you much good if you're wanting to install a custom version of Android, the OS switching and drivers for communicating with the dock (USB port sharing with Windows for instance) are almost certainly embedded in the Android firmware image and you'd break a lot of functionality if you replaced it with a custom version of Android.

Any custom ROM has to be ported to the specific device for drivers and other such peculiarities. Although I would actually be surprised if the USB and switching are in the ROM as they are a hardware level activity and handled by the dock not Android.

Either way, the biggest reason to root is NOT to install ROMS, but to utilize software which requires Admin level access to the system.

Personally I want to be able to use my Play Station joystick with Android in the games I play, but this requires root to connect the joystick. I also want to run clocksync, but the only way to set the clock automatically in Android is with root access. The list goes on and on to include power saving utilities, backup utilities and other Admin tools.

EDIT
    Last edited by janner43; 12-27-2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: no fundraising allowed

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by minhgi View Post
    Have you try this SafeRoot method from AsusPad Phone A86 Infinity... It look like a universal root exploit.

[Root] Asus The New Padfone Infinity a86 - Working Root - xda-developers
    Unfortunately no luck with this method either

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy69 View Post
    Unfortunately no luck with this method either
    Well it was try...damn

VeEuzUKY
    Any updates on this?.. so frustrating:-(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    0 times
    this might be the one, only and last, production dual-boot Win-Android machine the world will see because seems all similar hardware has been killed by both MS and Google.. is worth the extra effort to get it rooted and developed..
    This not entirely correct. MS and Google especially the latter are killing concepts that run Android/Windows from one single platform such as the ASus TD300 and Samsung AtivQ, they will never be able to kill the TRIO concept because it runs totally different then the TD or Samsung machines, it has 2 independent platforms i.e. Tablet with Android and Laptop with Win. PLease keep that im mind folks. Trio will survive and will be updated hopefully soon!
    Last edited by Swipe; 05-07-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote

VeEuzUKY
    Has anyone tried this?:

Play Store - Bluebrain_technologies - RootMyDevice
    Last edited by janner43; 12-27-2014 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Direct link removed per forum guidelines. Detailed descriptions are permitted & that has been left.

VeEuzUKY
    Quote Originally Posted by VeEuzUKY View Post
    Has anyone tried this?:

RootMyDevice
    UPDATE - I just tried.. no luck..

And how about an app called "Framaroot v1.9.2" for rooting? Might be worth a try..
    Last edited by VeEuzUKY; 05-14-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VeEuzUKY View Post
    UPDATE - I just tried.. no luck..

And how about an app called "Framaroot v1.9.2" for rooting? Might be worth a try..
    Thank you for letting us (me) know. I am not holding out any hope of gaining root as we don't seem to have any developer interest in this device. I cannot even get enough interest on XDA to get a forum for it. Sad to say, but this is the first device I have had which had no developer support and I never dreamt it would be that way. If by chance you stumble upon something that works I will be forever grateful. Best of luck.

Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk

VeEuzUKY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasush View Post
    Thank you for letting us (me) know. I am not holding out any hope of gaining root as we don't seem to have any developer interest in this device. I cannot even get enough interest on XDA to get a forum for it. Sad to say, but this is the first device I have had which had no developer support and I never dreamt it would be that way. If by chance you stumble upon something that works I will be forever grateful. Best of luck.

Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk
    The Golden Rule is this: NEVER BUY ANY HARDWARE that has no independent development or support. Period!

And now that are more and more devices and not all can get attention, only a few will get proper development. Usually expect 1 year from the date of release to a machine ACTUALLY being useful and developed!

Case, I bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (2014 Edition) that I sold a month later because positively no ddevelopment or support and ZERO updates from Samsung even it's their high end unit and it's been out for 6 month. Absolutely a joke. Now I bought a nearly 2 year old Galaxy note 8, that FINALLY got KK firmware and enough development at XDA with proper (working) custom ROMs to make it worthwhile.. almost 2 years after its release.

This is the state of things.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links