Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Root Asus Transformer Book Trio (TX201LA)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davboecki View Post
    I already tried that method on my trio. And also some other universal methods. Up to now none of them worked for me. Even after my trio warned me about an app that would try to use an secrity issue inside the system and I allowed the app to continue, it still didn't work.
    I checked this post Unapproved external site link removed per forum guidelines Asus Fonepad Note 6 - How to root Asus Fonepad Note 6 but at the end it says that the new fw update seems to have patched our devices against the root exploits. So, is there a way to revert to the original FW?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmertelj View Post
    I checked this post that maybe should

but at the end it says that the new fw update seems to have patched our devices against the root exploits. So, is there a way to revert to the original FW?
    The original Firmware is here https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/587/TX201LA/32/

You can install it by putting it to MicroSD-card and restarting the tablet in DroidBoot mode... I just did. But it's no use, the original firmware is already 4.2.2 patched against the "Master Key" vulnerability which Cydia Impactor uses. Someone in xda had injected original FonePad images with root... maybe get in touch with them and ask to do the same for these images?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried the latest versions of Kingo, OneClickRoot, Cydia Impactor and SuperOneClick from a PC and the Root Super User access app to gain root but without success.
    Is there any more to try?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone tried downloading file UL-TX201LA-WW-VER3103.zip from ASUS (Firmware), injecting SU and flashing it ? It would be too simple I guess.

VeEuzUKY

Lightbulb This thing needs root once and for all!!

Had this thing been rooted finally? If not, anyone else willing to EDIT and get some development done on it to get it done? I want buy one because no choices left.. Asus and everyone else are putting an end to all plans for future Android /Windows dual-os machines.. freaking paranoid Google and Microsoft.. this industry is going backwards. The TX201LA is the only option left. But I refuse buy any Android hardware that can't get rooted.. useless for me..
    Last edited by janner43; 12-27-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: no fundraising allowed

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VeEuzUKY View Post
    Had this thing been rooted finally? If not, anyone else willing to EDIT and get some development done on it to get it done? I want buy one because no choices left.. Asus and everyone else are putting an end to all plans for future Android /Windows dual-os machines.. freaking paranoid Google and Microsoft.. this industry is going backwards. The TX201LA is the only option left. But I refuse buy any Android hardware that can't get rooted.. useless for me..
    I would be happy to EDIT Got a link?

Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk
    Last edited by janner43; 12-27-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: no fundraising allowed

VeEuzUKY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasush View Post
    I would be happy to EDIT Got a link?
    No link but EDIT Where to post? I am new to these forums.. not sure the right sections to post and the rules. Can't wait to get this laptop rooted once and for all:-)
    Last edited by janner43; 12-27-2014 at 02:53 AM. Reason: no fundraising allowed

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Honestly rooting it won't do you much good if you're wanting to install a custom version of Android, the OS switching and drivers for communicating with the dock (USB port sharing with Windows for instance) are almost certainly embedded in the Android firmware image and you'd break a lot of functionality if you replaced it with a custom version of Android.

VeEuzUKY
    I want root to delete stuff I don't want, get rid of ads and install Xposed Framework. Rooting is a must, period.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    1 times
    EDIT I would like to get my android rooted too. EDIT
    Last edited by janner43; 12-27-2014 at 02:54 AM. Reason: no fundraising allowed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links